Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMTHosting

Hello,

I'm currently using a reseller account but would like to upgrade to a dedicated server. How would you setup/install a dedicated server? I don't know anything about them (I'm just looking into them). I would like to go with my current host for one www.JSHosting.co.uk.

I've been looking at the dedicated server's listed on his site, http://www.jshosting.co.uk/dedicated.php, do you think it's reasonable?

Christoper, Im sorry but I cant tell you how good those prices are because im not familiar with the British currency. As for setting it up, your host should do that for you and it should run just like a reseller, except with like tons more space etc. cPanel is included in all of those packages so working with cpanel shouldn't be new to you. Good luck in choosing a dedicated!

*That must be the 4th time I have seen that template used. (thenuke.net , cats-hosting.com and worryfreewebhosting.com. Talk about a popular template

dubs said:
Christoper, Im sorry but I cant tell you how good those prices are because im not familiar with the British currency.
Currently, 1 British Pound is worth 1.8096 U.S. Dollars.

CMTHosting said:
I've been looking at the dedicated server's listed on his site, http://www.jshosting.co.uk/dedicated.php, do you think it's reasonable?
Prices appear reasonable, but I think it would be wise to shop around once more and take a look at other hosting companies and read reviews of them.

The prices are definitely reasonable, however consider looking around for something better.

I only say this because it is important to do your shopping when it comes to dedicated servers. Consider whether or not your host is colocating these servers or if they have their own datacenter, and then decide if you want to be hosted with a company that owns their own datacenter or one which simply colocates.

Definitely do your research, because research is free, but making a mistake with a dedicated server is costly, always go with the free solution to any problem ;)

Hope this helps.

Reply from almost 6 months ago :eek:...by now the British pound must have increased or decreased in value :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting