Hi can some one advice me a good server provider / Cpanel

dbosch

now I have look to start at vps but its all most the same $$ as server?
Or I am just not looking at the right providers!

Now I am in the UK its just to sell web-site that’s all

Ok I have seen that 1&1 offer root server for

• Full Root Access via SSH
• Fedora Core
• Plesk 8 (100 domains)
• Free Server backup
• Unlimited bandwidth at 100 MBit data transfer speed
• Advanced recovery tool

For £58 pond it seems good but I like to have cpanel than plesk
Thanks for your advice guys

Does it have to be Cpanel :) I like my server resources Cpanel is a hog.

Im a big fan of DirectAdmin. You mentioned looking at VPS's some providers offer DirectAdmin for $1/month..

Keep looking they are out there.

dbosch said:

If you are just using the space and bandwidth to make and sell web sites, rather than running web hosting business, then may be a VPS is good option. Not to mention the pricing besides managed support. If you go for a dedicated server from a reputed firm (by reputed i mean good DC, good hardware and resources besides name) then it isn't going to cost anywhere near what a VPS would cost. Dedicated always comes for higher price. If you are willing to compromise on quality, you may be able to find cheap dedicated servers or may be servers with DC which aren't much heard off or are rather new. VPS from a reputed firm which infact is experienced at making virtual servers, would be well priced but then you get what you pay for.

Downside of having a dedicated server if you are just making/selling web sites is that you need to manage the server yourself or hire some one to do so. In addition security and other hardware-software upgrades need to be done by you or your hired staff. This should keep you occupied when you must be making best use of time in making/selling web sites. VPS in such cases, is a better option since you get your alloted resources (unshared) and have to manage within those resources, but never bother about managing server or hardware-software upgradatino and security in most cases. These are in most cases, attended to by the VPS providing company.

so can anyone tel me who is a really experienced VPS provider that i can trust ?
it i have a reseller account but want to move to some thing bigger maybe reseller ->vps
-> dedicated server / Mabus post me saying to to be sure that i get a experienced VPS

thanks for all your help

What are your requirements for the VPS? Generally a VPS should cost anywhere from $15/Month to $45/Month unmanaged. If you are looking at a managed VPS you should look to spend closer to what an unmanaged dedicated server would cost.

yea i think i will go whit the 1&1 account & plesk8 i am willing to pay £59 pond <snipped>

thanks for all your time guy,s

MOD NOTE: Service requests belong in the marketplace section. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
dbosch, I have experience with Spry.com VPS and they seem very well organized. It was primarily used because one of the applications required Fedora setup. Might want to have a look into them.

What about Micfo.com? I haven't used them but read good things about them and their services. Not sure but you may wanna google it out unless someone has used their products and services.

Hello

You have requested 100 mbit unmetered data transfer. Thats about 33000 GB a month.

The dedicated 100 mbit port itself costs from $700/month to $1500/month
You have requested this for ~$110.
This would not even give a 10 mbit dedicated line. If you need good offers and servers, you will need to raise your budget or bring down your data transfer on 100 mbit dedicated port option.

Normally, most dedicated server providers provide servers with 2000 GB data transfer for $100-$150/month

We recommend going with http://layeredtech.com or http://fdcservers.net
They have good support as well as uptime.

Thank You

bandboy said:
What about Micfo.com? I haven't used them but read good things about them and their services. Not sure but you may wanna google it out unless someone has used their products and services.

Yeah Micfo is a good hosting company I guess as I have heard a lot of good stuff about their service and also it comes in the top 10 hosting companies with some good collection of awards in their bag.

Mabus said:
Does it have to be Cpanel :) I like my server resources Cpanel is a hog.

Im a big fan of DirectAdmin. You mentioned looking at VPS's some providers offer DirectAdmin for $1/month..

Keep looking they are out there.

I've found that cPanel is indispensible. When combined with something like ClientExec, you can pretty much run on auto-pilot as far as new signups go.

I've never used DirectAdmin. Does it have the same level of support with things like Client Exec or Modernbill as cPanel does? Or things like WHM clustering? That's another life-saver.

Just curious...

dbosch said:

Now I am in the UK its just to sell web-site that’s all

Ok I have seen that 1&1 offer root server for

• Full Root Access via SSH
• Fedora Core
• Plesk 8 (100 domains)
• Free Server backup
• Unlimited bandwidth at 100 MBit data transfer speed
• Advanced recovery tool

For £58 pond it seems good but I like to have cpanel than plesk
Thanks for your advice guys

In my personal experience I will prefer good service provider as Hostaga.com. And cPanel is great, my personal favourite. However the best cheapest in my opinion is Direct admin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost