High school KEY club needs domain, hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan12

For right now, University City High School (our school's website is http://uchs.sandi.net) KEY club in California needs a domain name, a forum and some hosting for the forum. If you're interested to learn about KEY clubs, visit www.keyclub.org. In the future we may need some large hosting as well, but I figure that our sponsor can check out how well our forum is doing before choosing to upgrade the hosting.

Right now we NEED:
A domain name, www.uckeyclub.org and some hosting for a forum (which you will install for us). All of this needs to be provided to us at no cost.
Enough space and specs and whatnot to host a Proboards (or phpbb and php boards) message board. We could have UP TO 120 members on here, though I doubt even 70 will be actively on this forum. We have a temporary one set up yesterday at http://uckeyclub.proboards67.com/index.cgi but we would prefer one installed and hosted, no ads.

Our club is the oldest and largest at our high school, consisting of about 120 members. Some of these kids may choose to buy domains and hosting in the future, and there may be college kids and adults on this website too, so there is definitely some potential buyers out there for your company if you sponsor us.

Why do we need a sponsor? We are low on fundraising money as we have to raise money for regional conventions and such.

Thank you for your offers. You must be willing to work with me to make sure things are set up as desired.

Last edited:
I think you'd need to place at least one advert on your site by the sponsoring host, or at least a textlink. No doubt being slightly more flexible with ad options rather than saying no ads altogether will possibly mean more hosts will respond to this request.

If you'd be willing to place our 468x60 banner somewhere on your site we'd be interested in sponsoring you. We'd also allow you to generate the standard 15% commission on further orders generated through your banner.

If not, I wish you the best of luck finding a host. We rarely respond to sponsorship requests, but this one caught my eye as being a worthy cause.

I think you misunderstood me, sorry about that.
I meant no forums like the one I'm using at proboards67.com, which is free and is ad-supported. I'd be glad to put sponsor ads on the site. I want some installed, ad-free (except for sponsor ads) forums.
I should add that we will need an ftp account (at least for me) to upload a few Word documents, images and whatnot from time to time. We'll need space for a few html, non-interactive pages as well at some point.

I can't edit my original post for some reason, but I would fix that if I could.

Last edited:
Now I understand you. How would phpBB suit you? It's free, ad-free, customisable and would no doubt be suitable for your needs. We could assist you with setting it up also. All we'd ask from you is for you to place our 468x60 banner somewhere on your site/forum (we could also assist you in intergrating it directly into your forum pages if you wish). As I said before, we would also allow you to make money on any orders generated through the banner like our other affiliates do.

If you're interested we could get you set up on our Starter Shared Hosting package, which features:
• 60 MB Webspace
• 1 GB Monthly Data Transfer
• Unlimited Email & FTP Accounts
• Unlimited Subdomains & MySQL Databases
• Webmail
• Hartserver Control Panel
• Excellent Support

We could upgrade these specs in the future should your site grow and need more resources. If you're interested in the above please feel free to contact me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.