Hostgator india

hostloc

Hostgator launched their india business hostgator.in, How do you think about it? Because there're over billion people in India, will hostgator.in finally conquer hostgator.com?

Well I dont think hostgator.in is going to conquer hostgator.com because they are the same company. However I do expect more people in India to use the Indian branch as opposed to the American branch. Especially once HG India starts to offer their services in Indian currency.

They just make life easier for their potential clients. In any case Hostgator becomes one of the biggest concurrent on the Indian market.
That is not good news for Indian companies...

I'm just surprised by the amount of people in India, I believe there're many people dealing with .com site, since they now launch business in India directly. they might prefer to new address. Just my personal opinion.

If I am not mistaken, they are using DC service of Ctrls. A pretty popular DC in India, but there are few other DC in India catching the eye of world such as ESDS and Host.co.in....So for HG, it's not easy to grab Indian market.

Although, Indian people are not that much aware about online businesses. And cost of the bandwidth is quite higher than US and UK. So I am pretty doubtful about their unlimited kind of term, which may be not going to work in Asia pacific regions.

And due the bandwidth cost factor, I have seen many Indian users who mostly prefer US and UK based host. Anyway, lets see how long they are able to offer their unlimited hosting plans in Asia pacific regions.

With a population of over 1 billion, it was bound to happen. It'll take a while for them to settle in, but once that happens.. Indian hosts will want to step up their game, because I can see hostgator giving them a right run for their money.

Although, Indian people are not that much aware about online businesses. And cost of the bandwidth is quite higher than US and UK. So I am pretty doubtful about their unlimited kind of term, which may be not going to work in Asia pacific regions.

And due the bandwidth cost factor, I have seen many Indian users who mostly prefer US and UK based host. Anyway, lets see how long they are able to offer their unlimited hosting plans in Asia pacific regions.

Interesting point - Alexa has HostGator ranked at 179 regionally in India right now.

I'm just surprised by the amount of people in India, I believe there're many people dealing with .com site, since they now launch business in India directly. they might prefer to new address. Just my personal opinion.

Most people want to be sure they are dealing with indian host and .IN domain name will be just another prove for them

India has lots of IT talents and their IT industry is quite strong in the world. Their ordinary people might not so interested with ecommerce but they have many online business communities and groups, there's big need for hosting.

Yes, I agree with you hostloc, and I am not denying the talent of Indian people, but as you said:

Their ordinary people might not so interested with ecommerce but they have many online business communities and groups, there's big need for hosting.

Actually, I don't like to categories people in that way, anyway, imo, it's a responsibility of talented people to make them aware from online businesses. That be helpful for them. In addition, Government of India should provide some additional privileges to their IT sector.

Last edited:
In my opinion it's hard to say hostgator india is better than other local service brands, it's simply because of the huge effect of hostgator.com, it will still need time to approve their business from that area.