Hosting Directory

There are probably hundreds or thousands of hosting directories. Many aren't worth much, though I guess some are. You could easily search and come up with quite a list. Alternatively, you can pay someone to submit for you.

That is pretty popular (at least with Google), might want to check out ehostinfo and hostindex as well, those both pop out to me and are listed pretty high with the big G as well.

Yep, I have currently added my site to 400+ directories, and the list keeps growing. I noticed a bit more traffic coming in, and a few sales have made their way in as well.

You can't go wrong with a good directory submition. :)

tophosts and webhostdir - theres also companies now offering to do all this for you for a set fee which would save you alot of time :)

we use webhostdir.com amongst others, but webhostdir seems to drive the most traffic to our site outta all the directories

I suggest adding your site to multiple directories - you cannot go wrong.

True, but just take notes. Sometimes people tend to forget they have added themselves to site A and then come back to it later and after doing all the sub work and then at the last step find out you did the same site X time ago, its really a pain in the backside. :agree:

This is where Excel spreadsheets come in handy. It's very easy to duplicate your efforts without a tracking system.

I help run a brand new directory that offers a listing for life for a one time price as oppose to a lot of them that charge crazy monthly fees. Reliable-hosts.com. We will also post your banner on our site free.

Didn't mean to sound like an advertisement, but hey :)