Hosting Mobile Sites

AbbieRose

I know that the majority of phones today just use a mobile version of real browsers, rather than the older WAP browsers. Is there anything that we should do for mobile browsing, and does it have special hosting requirements?

As for the technical aspects of hosting requirements there aren't isn't anything special that is required from what I know. A mobile browsing optimized site would often depend on the design of the website. Most people will want to aim towards fast page loading.

You just want to optimize your site for those devices and browsers. In otherwords very small file sizes, this will increase loading time. There is nothing specific for the web host in particular.

I know that the majority of phones today just use a mobile version of real browsers, rather than the older WAP browsers. Is there anything that we should do for mobile browsing, and does it have special hosting requirements?

No, if they use Opera Mini or Mobile.

I would imagine by this time that few people are using the old style WAP browsers, so those shouldn't be too big a consideration. Making small file sizes, and fast loading pages shouldn't be that big a deal.

Has anyone seen any centralised info on the file size limits for the various phones? My iPhone is pretty good, it hasn't encountered anything it hasn't been able to open yet but my other, the e51 is more limited. Most pages are ok but not flash files or video.

Has anyone seen any centralised info on the file size limits for the various phones? My iPhone is pretty good, it hasn't encountered anything it hasn't been able to open yet but my other, the e51 is more limited. Most pages are ok but not flash files or video.

Correct. Flash and .flv video are not compatible with most mobile browsers. So if you intend to offer video to mobile users you should make sure your video is .mp4 to ensure compatibility.

Also what i am aware of, java wont work on some mobile browser's, but you can always download a browser that java does work with.

Java compliance seems to be coming along faster than the video issues. I have had a few phones will real or semi real browsers lately and they coped with Java. The iPhone of course does Java, and the e51 nokia does flash so I would imagine the more recent nokias should too.

Hello,
It is an interesting improvement ion life when there is an astonishing breakthrough with technology. From time to time, mankind comes up with something new and in web hosting, the same trend is happening with the technology going better and better every year. One of the major industry facing this immense technology is the mobile phones where it change from normal cellular to phone now that ca play music, video, navigate, surf the web and so on. Therefore, the possibility of a mobile domain names seem not impossible anymore.

We all know what domains are but mobile domains? It is a new introduction to the industry and is possible because of the improvements in the wireless technology. Therefore, there is a huge traffic circling in the internet that integrates the internet and wireless technology. So when there is traffic, you will want to have a presence in it.

Other than location, there is little a host would have to do with how a webpage displays on a mobile device.

Its all down to the sites content really.

The only thing I would say is include support for video codecs as different devices will support different video codecs.

You could look at a couple of things, Witch are make sure servers are by your web site viewers, Have fast servers and safe servers.

For the mobile sites I've seen the main thing they had in common were minimal graphics and a healthy use of text-links. Obviously minimizing graphics will help with the load time of the pages. Not to mention with many smartphones not having the screensize of an Iphone you want to keep the content tight.

I used to have a mobile site. I had the design centered in the middle and had a page for the most popular phone resolution size. (When you enter you can choose blackberry, iphone etc.) And it had an almost perfect size for what you are using. Worked great but i took it down .. not sure why :O probably for a good reason though.

Well, We thought about to Launce Mobile site Hosting. You will get Free Mobile Site Builder.. That means you can Browse also your site.. From Your PC. Actually we thought how our customers make own mobile site at home.. and offline.. Also we are working on Resealable Price Rates!

Small details:
1. Linux and Windows Host for your mobile site will be possible. 2. Free WAP Site Builder 3. .WML, PHP, XHTML and others on Linux host and .WML, PHP, asp, Aspx, XHTML and others on Windows host. FFMpeg and 3gp, MP4 Streaming and much more..

But please wait for little.. It's Coming Very Soon!

I think it helps..!

Hello,
WAP-hosting is becoming more and more popular nowadays. Probably, a lot of users have already known that WAP is good for games, tunes and pictures downloading for mobile phones. But in reality WAP-sites have already become a unique world, the entire system which is as same convenient as the WEB is.

WAP gives a lot: correspondence in chats, forums. It gives various tools: acquaintances, SMS sending, reading of your mail, news and so on. Really, WAP has already led a high-grade and developing life for a long time. However, certainly, in order to create and use your own WAP, a site should exist in the Internet. For this reason more and more corporations and the organizations have begun to appear recently. They are providers of the given hosting. WAP-hosting also can be paid and free. Let's see what advantages WAP-hosting has.