hosting-pp.com

akrug23

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about hosting-pp.com I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad problems with them.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about them, but looking at their site something smells fishy. 7 GB Space and 50 GB Bandwidth for $3.99??? Something doesn't seem right. It seems like they really upped their disk space and bandwidth. Just looking at them, I would not purchase from them.

I believe there would be some -> :crash: if you did.

Last edited:
I'll have to agree. It's odd (to me at least) that they would raise their space from 300mb to 7GB and 2GB bandwidth to 50GB without touching their price. Actually, making the setup-fee lower. I don't get it. Am I missing something?

Maybe the company was bought...
How would that keep prices the same and raise bandwidth and disk space? Wouldn't a company just want to maximize their profit and maybe raise bandwidth a little bit? Not from 2 - 50 GB? It just seems pretty odd to me.

The buying company could have another target market. :)

That said, I was only trying to find a situation in which such a drastic change could occur.

Another reason could be that they aren't getting any clients, so they just raise the amount of bandwidth and disk space they offer. When that happens, people post it in forums and talk about it ;) Sort of like free advertising.

I have no clue if akrug23 is associated with hosting-pp.com. However, I don't know if it is their intention to spam the forums. It is probably not. I think it is their intention to create somewhat of a "buzz" so people can talk about them. Just like we are doing now.

As I said... sort of like spamming. We'll see if he comes back to this thread. That should help us decide what his post really was. :)

Well you know they had to increase their specs, and make it appealing before posting all over the world if anyone has heard of them.

It's probably one of the oldest tricks in the book. Draw people's attention to your site by way of asking for reviews of the company. Given enough time, I'm sure someone will pop in here and say "Oh my oh my, gee golly my hosting-pp.com is the greates host in the gee golly world!"

I doubt that he will come back to this thread because now he knows that we're just too smart to fall for a silly little trick. ;)

I don't work for the company or am I associated with them. i am just looking for a cheap hosting company that offers alot of space. I was just curious because they were offering so much space for such a little price. I just wanted some feed back from others and maybe someone who has had some experience with them.

I don't think you'll find anybody with experience here. They only have one website on their IP - their own. They could have other IP's though. http://whois.webhosting.info/66.98.251.133 (I also don't know how accurate this site is)
Also, I would highly recommend that you NOT go with this provider because getting that much space and bandwidth for such a little price is asking for trouble. I would aviod.

In the future, if you see this kind of cheap web hosting, you should avoid it at all costs. You just can't get a lot of something for nothing (unfortunately).

Hosting-pp is not a legitimate business. They offer way more than they can provide. And their so-called customer service is non-existent. We lost our domain name simply because there was an error with our credit card, and we had no way to contact them. Since they registered it for us initially, we had no access and no control of it. All we wanted to do was renew the domain, but we couldn't get in touch with them! Now we've lost it for good because some big domain company has snatched it up.

Their ticket system is the ONLY way to reach them, and at the time, it wouldn't work. When it did work, 2 months later, they didn't respond. They have no email or phone contact, no physical address, etc. And if we posted a message on their forum, they would delete it. They have now deleted their entire forum because so many people were posting complaints.

My advice: stay away from Hosting-PP.

STAY AWAY from them

I am sorry to say that I have put up with there appaulling service for 2 years and it has got worse my site in the last week has had in excess of 36 hours downtime Just keep on going and fine yourself a proper hosting service.

i wish that i'd have seen this forum before letting hosting-pp host my websites, they've gotten worse and worse and recently deleted one of my sites, told me the recurring bill was rejected by an account that i know had nearly $400 at the time so i know that was bs. they told me that theyno longer had any record of the account and that i'd have to purchase a new space and start over. anyhow i've moved 2 of my remaining sites from them and have one more to go. was just really pissed and knew if i looked a little i'd find others messed up by these clowns. the 7 gigs suddenly turned to 1g early in the year, i should've moved on at that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123