HostingDiscussion.com on Twitter!

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I have to be honest - I am yet to understand why and how to use Twitter, but the peer pressure of the industry has finally made me get our own account up there:

http://twitter.com/HDforum

Join... I mean follow us if you'd like. :)

Twitter is ideal for your blog posts, getting ReTweets is the name of the game. It's not so much about a posting that you make on twitter, it's the ability of others to retweet that posting to all their friends, and someone else stumbling upon it and joining the discussion on the forums (or blog etc).

Twitter, Facebook, MySpace (not so much), blogs and other social networking are great ways of getting a community to retweet or invite them over for a discussion.

Now we need to figure out what we can do with it... hooking up the blog posts would be neat. But the new forum discussions would be more neat.

Welcome to twitter! I just viewed HD Profile and Just now started following its great isn't it!

Now we need to figure out what we can do with it... hooking up the blog posts would be neat. But the new forum discussions would be more neat.

This made me think of a great idea(or at least I think it is).. A VBulletin plugin that automatically tweets links to new-popular topics on the forum :)

Guess something like that would be my department, but IMO that would allow you to easily utilize twitter to grow. Feel free to tell me if it's a dumb idea :)

I think it's a good idea - just need to have a set trigger as to what is defined as a hot/popular topic. Certanly 10+ replies constitutes as a popular topic, however we've all seen the topics being raised from 2007 :) So setting that number alone can't be the trigger.

Check out the following thread: http://www.vbseo.com/f10/new-vbulletin-threads-automatically-sent-twitter-api-28015/

I'd just be concerned as to the amount of spam that could send out if posts are not monitored before being tweeted ya know?

Welcome to the dark side!

Just MHO here, but as someone who was himself turned onto the merits of Twitter, stay away from the automated post junk. You can spend 10 minutes a day just posting useful information with a little smart promotion and be far more productive than an automatic feed.

Glad to see it Artashes - I'm following you with a couple of accounts now :)

I'll also second the use of Twitter to promote blog posts - I've actually used it to showcase a few HD posts in the past. Even if it translates to minimum traffic, it still offers users another means of connecting with you with absolute minimal effort on the part of the Tweeter.

Artashes, I swore after the post a couple months ago, you would never break into the twitter segment. I'll have Web Host Boot Camp following you real soon.

Seems today after being bullied (so to speak) iv become another statistic on the social network frenzy. Hopefully with a number of “interesting” blog posts i have lined up it may get used :) though +1 follower to HDforum Artashes.

I like the idea of "[secret] project" and grats on getting things setup. Right now I am still debating moving to the evil, I mean, twitter side of things. We are still tossing up some ideas about it right now actually, well we were, love those Friday meetings. :D

Grats again, looks good, if I get things going on my end as well I will join in the following, I mean joining. :)