HostingRefuge.com - Forum/Article/Directory for sale - Amazing opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom-Hosting

Hey,
I have run out of time to manage my site, www.HostingRefuge.com and think the best option would be to sell the site.

The site has great potential and could really be made into a large site even with the loyal following it currently has.

The site has three great sections, the forum, an article section and a directory.
All three are being sold as one in the site.

This is the current stats for the forum:
Threads: 2,660, Posts: 20,317, Members: 619

What will be included in the sale?

VBulletin license (Owned - Cost - $160)
Custom vBulletin skin
SiteWorksPro license (Cost - $199)
All custom coded files
All custom template/image files
Copyright for all articles
All databases and script/site files
Domain names (Also hosting-talk.net)
Help from me to get you started when you takeover the site

How can payment be made?

Payment can be made via cheque, money order, and paypal. If paying via paypal you must pay the fees.
The reason for this is that I would like to keep the payment offline simply to keep out the fees and speed up the process.

How much are you looking for?

I will start bidding at $750 and please bid in minimum increments of $25.
I have the right to close this or not sell to the highest bidder if I do not think the bid is high enough.

I have put a lot of work into the site and as such, I would like to see a good return on the time I have put into it.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks and good luck,
John

NOTE: Current high bid is $1300

New high bid of $1650 from Tlc on WHT.

I am changing it to a minimum increment of $100, I think it needs a higher minimum increment when it is at this level.

Thanks
John

Hey, good job, John. You're up tp $2100 and counting.

You've got a great site and I only wish I had the time to devote to it - I'd buy it in a second.

Good luck to you in the sale, and congrats to the eventual winner. You'll be adding a great new web property to your network.

Vito

Hey Vito :)

Thanks for the kind words on the site :)

Pitty you didn't have the time yourself but that's exactly why I can't run it myself anymore.
I will be glad not having to worry about not having enough time to work on it, I want the site to go to someone that has the time needed to keep the community going and take the site to the next level, I think it has more potential but I just didn't have the time to really give to it.

The bidding has just gone up to $2500.

Advertising for this month is $300+, not sure of exact figure but it has got over $60 from recurring advertisers today alone.

Thanks
John

$2500 - that's amazing!

:popcorn:

John, as I told you before, its a great site and its too bad you are letting it go! I'm sure it would make a great community if the needed time and money are invested in it.

Best of luck.

Thanks very much Artashes :)

I am sure it would too and I will only be selling to someone that can do that.
I will still be remaining a member at the site and visiting and posting just like I do, it's just the management side I don't have time for anymore.

I didn't think the bidding would go up so quickly but theres a number of new people keep coming in with new bids when I think it has calmed down hehe.

Thanks Artashes :)

John

Hey,
I have been too busy to get the last backup online.

I lost my backups so the last backup available is from December.
The site has been online for years, starting with the domain hosting-talk.net so you can see it is well established.

This would be good for anyone wanting to start a hosting forum, it would really help for SEO.

I just don't have the time to do anything for it.

Thanks
John

Hey,
I actually thought I had a backup from Feb but this was corrupt when I got to test it out so I have contacted anyone that did make an offer.

I will just assume this is starting again because I have to wait for people to get back to me and see if they are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.