HostingSpeeds

It appears to be hosted in Germany, and has some 100 files on the page, so load times will probably vary significantly with the location of the person checking it. Loaded in ~ 3 seconds for me in Eastern Europe. Interesting site concept.

So if I read this right - if I have NO Content on the page, I get fast loading speeds and then shoot to the top of the list - versus if I supply any information on my home page then it slows down ;)

Hmmm...

A little slow on the loading of the site (US to Europe) but it loaded eventually. The notice of the v3 I'd prefer at the bottom of the page rather than taking up so much realestate - but oh well.

It loads fast now, maybe I went to the site during a peak hour? or maybe something was wrong with my connection or the site when I tired last time? Who knows, but it works fine now.

if I have NO Content on the page, I get fast loading speeds and then shoot to the top of the list - versus if I supply any information on my home page then it slows down

What do they really measure? The time it takes to load the homepage, or the speed at which the page is loaded? If the first, the measurement is to a good degree a reflection of smart website design, rather than high quality hosting. Apparently they also run a test script, but if it's not on a production server, that's not much of a representative test either. Complicated stuff this host benchmarking.