Not open for further replies.
Website Rob said:
A more effective method might be to contact their upline provider:

Powersurge Technologies Inc.
http://powersurge.com/

http://www.hostingu.com/
NS1.USERVER21.COM 216.218.211.165
NS2.USERVER21.COM 216.218.211.166

The IPs used by HostingU are provided by Powersurge.
Unfortunately, that didn't work...

An investigation has been launched against hostingu.

If you have been ripped by them, please drop me a line

|

Unresponsive/No Contact/No refund - horrible business

We set up an account with them on 19 Oct 2003 and just like another poster here, it took them about 2 or 3 days before the account could log in. When that worked, we ran into another problem and never heard back from HIM. I say him because we never heard from anyone other than Christopher Decker.
We tried calling the number but never got anyone. At that time, there was an answering machine that basically said "No One is available, try back later" and then hung up giving you no chance to leave a message. We requested the account be cancelled as soon as we saw the support was no where what was advertised and all methods to contact anyone met with silence (4 days tops).

After being told to cancel the account via e-mail many times, he later tried to charge our credit card twice over nearly 3 months. We got those charges back and finally decided to cancel that card and get a new one to thwart any other chances of CC abuse.

cyanide: I would love to know more about the investigation and how we can help. Decker/HostingU fully deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

He never did fully turn over the "free" domain that came with our HostingU package and onlinenic.com is only working on his side. We successfully nagged them and somehow got them to change the DNS after leaving HostingU. However, we recently needed to change the DNS again and they yet again referred us to HostingU.

>Please kindly be informed the domain <domain_name> was originally
>registered through our valued partner HostingU.com Webhosting Services

>Therefore, It would be possible for you contact HostingU.com Webhosting
>Services directly at http://hostingu.com/ for service, if you would like to
>make any modification on your domain. I believe that they may be able to
>suggest something that will help since they are always helpful and kind.

I would also be leary of any company that considers HostingU or Christopher Decker to be a "valued partner" and continues to work with him. I know that those of us on this board can not be the only ones who have had these issues.

>Christopher Decker
>NetWorks Internet Tools
>262-534-7409

I called around and ended up filing a report with the Wisconsin Consumer Protection Agency (if memory serves me correctly). I have yet to hear anything from them as well. Maybe he has friends/relatives there :)

If anyone reading this decides to not believe those who have posted here, and does business with either company, be sure to do it in a way that you can get your money back. And do not register a domain with onlinenic that you do not want to lose. We have had to fight them tooth and nail to get any changes done to a domain where we were the registered owner.

We finally decided today that it was not worth it and registered another domain.

District Attorney Investigation of HostingU.com

Aloha -----

My experience with hostingu.com was similar to many described on this forum. I am currently pursuing action against hostingu.com, via the Racine County (Wisconsin) District Attorney's Office -- because it's obvious that the lack of tech support and the failure to live up to its advertised refund policy is Standard Operating Procedure for hostingu/Christopher Decker. The Consumer Fraud Investigator handling my case has told me it will be helpful if I can get other people to submit descriptions of their similar experiences with hostingu.com.

Anyone willing to submit such a description, please send me an email, and I will give you the address of the Consumer Fraud Investigator.

Thanks very much for your help! ------

Where Does Christopher Live

Hi All - I'm a long time hater of HostingU.com. I have given up on tradtional methods. So far, I have tracked "Christopher" to several different locations all across the country. Does anyone really know where he lives? That's all I want/need to know at this point. Thanks.

I think that you should just move on to another host. Can you tell us what your problem was? And as far as needing to know where he lives, I don't see why. Are you implying this as a threat?

weilik said:
Hmm...the site of HostingU.com looks pretty professional...Nearly fooled by this company if not for some users of them who posted their complaints here..
Their site is created with a template. How do I know? Because I have that template in a pack I bought off the net.

Man after reading all these makes me realise how lucky I am to be where I am and how easy people could fall into such a trap.

All these make me feel real sorry for you all and also makes me wish I had one more talent.. (I think u know what I mean.. starts with d and ends in s)
I also wish you all well and hope this person gets whats comming to him.

Last edited:
I heard from Chris

Jordan - Yes, it was intended as a threat...and it worked. Chris Decker basically held our site hostage for a year. We're not idiots...we tried to switch hosts on numerous occassions, but he wouldn't allow it and would not return our calls. Well, after threatening him numerous ways via numerous mediums, whaddya know, he called us all apologetic and said that he would take care of it. It's in process now. We'll see. For some people, you have to do whatever works.

Just switch hosts if you have to resort to threatening someone, which is very unprofessional and always unwarranted. If you feel you must do something, file a law suit and threaten his money. Otherwise, I see no reason for you to threaten anybody for any reason. Very inappropriate, especially to discuss on a public forum.

Seeing how this thread is evolving and where the overall mood of ex-customers is going, I think its best to close this thread. The point was made by everyone and we'll leave it at that.

And please, always remember this:
Xcel_Hosting said:
I see no reason for you to threaten anybody for any reason. Very inappropriate, especially to discuss on a public forum.

One of the ex-clients, a user of this forum contacted me in regard of HostingU.com - he successfully managed his complain with the help of Consumer Protection Department. With both his and representative of that organization' permissions, we are posting the contact information of who to contact in case you would like to file a complaint against HostingU.com (this contact information applies only to HostingU.com):

State of Wisconsin
Dept. of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
Bureau of Consumer Protection
P.O. Box 8911

Madison, WI 53708-8911

Our hotline email address is datcphotline@datcp.state.wi.us
Our website is http://datcp.state.wi.us

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.