HostXL.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz-Mp3.com

I'm hosted on HostXL.net with a basic package since March 2004 and the fitst months of hosting where excellent :thumbsup: .. Verry Nice Speeds and a great uptime.
But then they changed server to a new dual xeon server and thats where the probs begin :sad: ...
The first time i didn't knew that they changed server so i thaught my site was down .. i send them out a support ticket but because my domain was linked to the old server wicth was down already i didnt received there mails to webmaster@taz-mp3.com where they told me to change dns ... but then i gto the idea to mail them at my hotmail adres and i managed to chagne dns .. happy ending?? NOT!
The new server they use is abosulte not as good as the old one .. the first time it went down for about an hour .. thats ok no problem but then it was down for about a whole day :crap: ... and today its down a whola day again :shocked: .. i think that the new servers at hostxl cause more trouble than happyness :rolleyes2 (uptime monitor says 5% downtime now .. and they promise you 99.5 UP time :rolleyes2 )
Is there any one hosted at hostxl on this forum wich has he same probs or is there someone in this forum wich is also hosted on hostxl but on another server of them wich doesnt have that **** downtime?

Greets
webmaster taz-mp3.com

Hi Taz-mp3! Thank you for the review and sorry to hear you had such annoying problems. Hopefully someone will be able answer your question.

Cheers!

Looks pretty obvious to me.
New host. No business plan. Prices that are not sustainable.

Just another of the many many cases of a host overselling to try to get business and not being able to meet the demands when the bills and the customer service issues start to pile up.

I have noticed their unusually high allotments of disk space and bandwidth, but I don't understand how they can be so cold and utterly careless about their customers.

Well about the overloading..
I Just looked at the server load and it shows : Server Load 2.98 (4 cpus) (i really dont know if thats mutch but it doesnt seem to be mucth to me)
And they dont put so many sites on a server (at www.whois.sc/hostxl.net you can check ik) Reverse IP: Web server hosts 69 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login)

I Also send them a support ticket:

This is the second time in a month that de server has HUGE down time , what is it with that thing? .. why not change 99.5% Uptime! in 90% or something .. im really mad about the constant huge downtime this month!.
This is not what you garantee (99.5%) .. how are you gonna compensate this and where is the uptime monitor gone?

Regards,
Webmaster Taz-Mp3.com

And i will post there reaction as soon as i have it.

The reverse IP only tells you how many sites are sharing the IP address.
There can be dozens of IPs on the same server.

2.98 server is quite high but it shouldn't be too much of a problem for a dual xeon.

Ok thats true..

By The Way .. the server load is verry low now .. Server Load 0.13 (4 cpus)
I still dont have response to my support ticket *gasp*

The HostXL server(s) are located at The Planet... maybe blue or xcel aslo have a server there? if its like that... do you have any probs with your server? it also could be a problem at theplanet maybe.....

I Finally Got Repons To My Support Ticket

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Message:
> Server recived Mail Bomb Attack
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

So i wasnt theire fault at all...

Your account was removed from our server because we had recived E-mail about the files you had Hosted on your Site. They were copyrighted MP3 files.

Very sorry about that, but I can't risk getting whole server un-plugged to keep 1 customer happy.

Host XL Inc.
www.HostXL.net

Taz-Mp3.com said:
I'm hosted on HostXL.net with a basic package since March 2004 and the fitst months of hosting where excellent :thumbsup: .. Verry Nice Speeds and a great uptime.
But then they changed server to a new dual xeon server and thats where the probs begin :sad: ...
The first time i didn't knew that they changed server so i thaught my site was down .. i send them out a support ticket but because my domain was linked to the old server wicth was down already i didnt received there mails to webmaster@taz-mp3.com where they told me to change dns ... but then i gto the idea to mail them at my hotmail adres and i managed to chagne dns .. happy ending?? NOT!
The new server they use is abosulte not as good as the old one .. the first time it went down for about an hour .. thats ok no problem but then it was down for about a whole day :crap: ... and today its down a whola day again :shocked: .. i think that the new servers at hostxl cause more trouble than happyness :rolleyes2 (uptime monitor says 5% downtime now .. and they promise you 99.5 UP time :rolleyes2 )
Is there any one hosted at hostxl on this forum wich has he same probs or is there someone in this forum wich is also hosted on hostxl but on another server of them wich doesnt have that **** downtime?

Greets
webmaster taz-mp3.com
One of my game server clients is hosted over there they are having problems with setting up databases and fourm and they are saying the support team is no help at all. As far as I know they said they will be switching their hosting over to our company which is a good thing for us.. Sorry to hear about your troubles...

Hi HostXL,

Who can I complain to at HostXL about the way HostXL has treated my 11 year old daughters account? She wanted her website moved to HostXL so on 2nd Dec we paid for the basic package and a couple of days later moved her domain but soon encountered problems. Emails I sent to the address's on your website bounced, tickets I submitted vanished and the latest one, 591, has been sitting since the 12th Dec with one reply and no work getting done to it? I was told after countless live helpdesk sessions all would be resolved by the 9th Dec, 5 days after her domain transferred over and this is now the 18th Dec. Why? Online helpdesk advised me to submit a fresh ticket? Why? There is a ticket, 591, active as I write this. I sat with helpdesk up earlier, refusing to budge until somebody fixed this problem and they basically put me on hold, for hours and wouldn't reply. I am utterly fed up that you can do this to my 11 year old daughter, 16 days this has been going on. Who in your company is accountable? Why won't your 'support' support a paying customer? Who regulates you? My em is phil_thomson@blueyonder.co.uk

thomsop, there are two users on this board who represent hostxl, but they haven't been active on the forum for a while. Your post has little chances to receive a timely answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnMuller