How Can I Utilize My Dedicated Server?

jainy25

Hey Folks

I am looking for some way to generate additional revenue from an empty dedicated server that I have.

It's not a really huge one. So we are not selling web hosting/VPS on it.

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can generate some revenue through it?

I can install both Windows and Linux on it. So any money making ways through any of these OS are fine.

small minecraft community? social media / fb clone? community forum for something? Split it in two and offer two larger power vps?

small minecraft community? social media / fb clone? community forum for something? Split it in two and offer two larger power vps?

I did consider minecraft. I don't think there is much profit in creating another social network. Besides, it's a lot of hard work. So much so that I might end up giving more time to that than to my web hosting business.

It's an i7 dedi, so not really fit enough for virtualization.

VPN or proxy service could be viable since in most cases it doesn't require that much CPU or RAM like hosting does. However, it does require bandwidth more than anything.

VPN or proxy service could be viable since in most cases it doesn't require that much CPU or RAM like hosting does. However, it does require bandwidth more than anything.

I don't think my Data center allows proxy/VPN service distribution. But I'll confirm it with them soon.

I would be very careful about proxy hosting. We have multiple requests about that, but usually, we denied. It easily leads to illegal access from your network.

I'm in a similar situation. Right now, I use my box for testing purposes, so not making any money off that.

What about Shoutcast / IceCast / Media hosting services? Again, bandwidth intensive, but an i7 will cope just fine with that.

Or what about some kind of filesharing service (yeh, like there aren't a million of those already!)

I'm in a similar situation. Right now, I use my box for testing purposes, so not making any money off that.

What about Shoutcast / IceCast / Media hosting services? Again, bandwidth intensive, but an i7 will cope just fine with that.

Or what about some kind of filesharing service (yeh, like there aren't a million of those already!)

There are also a million hosts but it looks like your in the game, still ;).

Though for the easiest revenue and least work, selling the dedicated server as a whole might be the best.

There are also a million hosts but it looks like your in the game, still ;).

Though for the easiest revenue and least work, selling the dedicated server as a whole might be the best.
Dude, I LOVE the game! :) Yes, this industry is tough, but if it were easy, what would be the point?

There are a lot of streaming companies out there, but it is an ever growing market that stil has room for growth.

I also own and operate several internet radio stations, which is why I mentioned the streaming media idea. I am very passionate about radio and would have loved to get into that field, but hey ho!

Anyway, rambling again!

If you can do some basic management on it as previous people have said - you would make the most money on leasing it on as a dedicated server and with the managed element there is a value for that so would make more margin

VPS resale (not recommend it if you have no technical knowlegde)
Game server community
Forums or anyhting related to web hosting
Game servers (again need knowledge)
Provide some free services to organizations to exchange advertising