How did you decide to or not to go with cloud hosting?

DeluxeHost.com

Our company has had discussions about adding cloud hosting to our lineup.

What caused you to either add it to your packages or not to?

Just the fact that most cloud providers I am hearing bad things about, I have not heard good things about it yet.

Plus it is a large investment.

We are considering to switch onto onapp and from what I have seen there haven't been any substantial reviews from clients using Cloud Hosting to make us want to immediately jump to the opportunity. Seems like a ton of hardware is needed, and with that pricing would need to be brought up to regulate costs and expenses.

In my opinion I would only jump to it if you personally feel it would allow your company to prosper over others. Just a suggestion, and we hope to be offering the service in the near future.

- Tanner

We are considering to switch onto onapp and from what I have seen there haven't been any substantial reviews from clients using Cloud Hosting to make us want to immediately jump to the opportunity. Seems like a ton of hardware is needed, and with that pricing would need to be brought up to regulate costs and expenses.

In my opinion I would only jump to it if you personally feel it would allow your company to prosper over others. Just a suggestion, and we hope to be offering the service in the near future.

- Tanner

So you do not sell cloud, so your a liar?

http://www.clubhabboforum.net/showthread.php?p=3997816#post3997816

http://www.clubhabboforum.net/showpost.php?p=3991920&postcount=6
http://www.clubhabboforum.net/showpost.php?p=3991944&postcount=8

http://www.clubhabboforum.net/showpost.php?p=3992191&postcount=9

Last edited:

Hi Paul,

We offer VPS Cloud Servers. The "Cloud" being the server you are accessing remotely such as your files, and services you are hosting. Cloud Servers are dedicated resources allocated from nodes that have fail over resources in-case problems arise.

I'll have a discussion with our team, but when we started our company over a year ago we were using the correct wording/use when cloud wasn't terribly big and now we are being told cloud means something totally different.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

We offer VPS Cloud Servers. The "Cloud" being the server you are accessing remotely such as your files, and services you are hosting. Cloud Servers are dedicated resources allocated from nodes that have fail over resources in-case problems arise.

I'll have a discussion with our team, but when we started our company over a year ago we were using the correct wording/use when cloud wasn't terribly big and now we are being told cloud means something totally different.

Thank you.

Sorry but after reading other stuff on that forum also, I cannot help but piss myself laughing, continuously. :smash:

When you learn about true cloud, come back.

Nice investigative work Paul. Looking forward to the corrections and modifications TannerG. Do let us know when you've adjusted your site.

Apologies for the delay. Originally when we deployed our Virtual Private Servers there was much confusion on what a "cloud" actually was. Originally we were intending on marketing the "Cloud" as a remote location to access to your files anywhere (remotely). We have changed the services to Virtual Private Servers and myself and the team to give our apologies for the confusion we have caused.

We are always looking for guidance and that's why we take part on these forums as we are still quite new to the hosting business.

I have also been informed that Kenzie, our client care manager has informed our Developer/Designer and we will have the banner corrected immedietely marketing Virtual Private Servers rather than VPS based XEN Cloud Servers.

- Tanner

There has been considerable confusion regarding Cloud. I am currently calling it cloud computing in an attempt to bring some clarity about the service to the public. I'm really surprised that the consumer is a bit cloudy on the service with so many providers currently offering Cloud. I think the public can grasp that it is a shared resource service which can be scaled up or down depending on needs. We will be adding Cloud services as well in the New Year.

cloud hosting is not newbie friendly, It cost you a lot of money and according to some of my friends, it has a lot of downtimes. i saw a lot of promotions in cloud but i would prefer other reviews about the product.

See as to what technology is being used for cloud. cloud term is way too different than most of the hosting company use. most important thing is, does this solution suffice your needs.

Proper PAYG cloud hosting can cost a lot to set up. I'll leave that to the big boys LOL.

CloudLinux on non-oversold powerful servers can be just as good. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost