How did you find your Hosting Niche?

DeluxeHost.com

It's what I hear over and over so I'm sure it's true: "Find your hosting niche and you'll succeed."

But how did you all find your niche? If you can share what your niche is, great, but at least tell us how you found it?
thanks

In my opinion there is not the niche that can make you succeed. It will help you if you have a target keyword inside but not help you succeed.

You have to promote and have a good business plan

We branched heavy into the X-Cart and eCommerce hosting niche due to client demands and suggestions. We were hosting a number of X-Cart sites back in early 2001 and clients demanded a more reliable and secure web hosting company that didn't overload their servers. As a result, we now host more than 2000 X-Cart eCommerce sites, and various other shopping cart systems too.

You should know what you're offering exactly and promote this service in various ways such as google ads and other paid or free methods.

The best approach is: at the beginning offer as variable solutions as possible and then you will see where your niche is.

Find something that pisses you off. Make sure little to nobody else offers a solution to your problem. There's your niche!

E.g.:
You wanted to buy a burger from Mac but you are lazy to get out. How did they solved the problem? McDelivery!

Last edited:
I dint get about HOsting Niche.
I have heard infact of Website niche.

you can host your website anywhere, but that is website niche which is important.

You should consider on a single miche if you want to succeed in your website and online identity.

I have various sites and all are dedicated towards their niches. One is on Web Hosting, one on Android, one on Hostgator etc.

I dint get about HOsting Niche.
I have heard infact of Website niche.
I think Conor's example of e-commerce hosting is a perfect example of a "hosting" niche. A hosting niche is a solution that you offer that separates you from most other providers - something that sets you apart from the crowd.

Well, I haven't found my niche yet but I currently own two web hosting companies. One is free unlimited Kloxo hosting and the other is Paid CPanel web hosting. On my paid host, I provide a small free plan with only 100MB Space. I offer that small plan to help promote our paid plans. Think of the free plan as a demo. I am currently having issues trying to get clients since I just launched it three days ago.

VPS hosting is just exactly where we want to be, halfway between consumer and enterprise hosting. We feel it's the best way to get cutting-edge hosting technology into the hands of budget-minded people.

I honestly think you just have to keep working as hard as you can, in due time good things will come to you if you stay on track. Everyone will find something that works for them eventually.

Well I also run a popular music sharing community website and so get a lot of music artists (DJS, Songwriters, Producers) signing up for hosting.

I was very tired of getting almost good customer service so I rolled over with a buddy of mine who was kicking around the idea too. So far we have done okay but its not our main work, its our side work and we can host our own sites which always comes as a good perk.

A niche could be how fast you deliver, the quality of your work, the level of support you provide, your pre-sales advertising venues, and any number of other things – anything that sets you apart from your competition. In web hosting, most niches relate to more bang for the buck – in bandwidth, RAM, disk space, add-ons and so forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost