How do u transfer DB from server to server

esham

Hi..

Can each persons administring webservers contribute their own idea to this topic.

i personally prefer WHM for transfering databases from servers to servers.

WHM certainly makes it easy to transfer an account between servers.

However, sometimes, when it comes to databases, I like to have a hands on, with the particular database. Especially if the dbs is something very important, just to ensure proper handling.

I always use WHM, but I make sure that I have a backup of everything on the account (not just the DB) in case something goes horribly wrong.

But I dont have any personal experience of going wrong in WHM..for me every thing works fine it.
But ofcourse when it comes to database,I dont use it....rather i use thru ssh and the base commands.

The safest way to do this is probably to obtain a dump of the entire database and manually move it to the other server. I have found that doing it yourself ensures that it gets done properly, and that no data is subject to possible loss.

In theory, WHM transfer does it perfectly - but I personally do not want to leave data to chance erasure or loss. And always back it up in at least 2 different locations (or if the database is too large to do that with, backup only 1 copy of it somewhere - or do whatever you want).

I have never used WHM to do db transfer, might try it next time I need to do that.

Cheers

We use WHM and it works like a charm for transfers. Some people like the quickness and instant transfer from one server to another.