How Godaddy / Bluehost Are Leader Of Shared Web Hosting And Domain Registration.

hostioo

how Godaddy / Bluehost Are Leader Of Shared Web Hosting And Domain Registration.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean how? These are the examples of companies that have started in this industry early on, have invested millions of dollars in marketing and have worked very hard to build up their brands and businesses.

how Godaddy / Bluehost Are Leader Of Shared Web Hosting And Domain Registration.

I think that because they have excellent digital marketing strategies in the early time, example with Godaddy, some years before they offered many coupons for domain registration, such as $0.99, $1.49, $1.99 for .COM domains. With that they had millions of customers till now. IMO

If this is asking how it's due to a heavy marketing budget and strategy.

I don't think I go a day without seeing a godaddy advertisement get shown on tv at prime time positioning.

That mixed with fast sales and support replies gets them a lot of potential clients.

Deep pockets of Marketing funds - but also longevity in the market.

Keep in mind there are pro and cons of being the massive players they are.

Smaller players can offer boutique service offerings and a bit more nimble on what they can offer, bit more flexible with their product portfolios.

Yeah, it's not easy being a behemoth Hosting company either. Just imagine how much overhead they must have. Large companies are also inefficient.
I think both Godaddy and Bluehost are quite expensive with poor support.
Their advantage is that they have strong branding and marketing so newcomers find them first.
But I firmly believe small hosting companies offer better service and support.

They began early and were like innovators on this market, so it is obviously they became so big and successful. However, nowadays they are not so good as there is a high competition on the market and a lot of other good hosting providers with good tariffs.

They began early and were like innovators on this market, so it is obviously they became so big and successful. However, nowadays they are not so good as there is a high competition on the market and a lot of other good hosting providers with good tariffs.

Exactly. They started out small as well, but then later were bought out (especially Bluehost as their service declined a lot after they were bought).
I think even tho the competition is fierce among hosts it's also healthy. I have not found any industry where pure market forces created such high standards and quality of service.
Obviously, if you buy hosting from big providers mentioned above you will get worse service as they have to compete less due to their Branding pulling in newbies.

I guess, it has something to do with their name- godaddy. It is very easy to remember and a good marketing they had before. But right now it's very hard to say that they are leading in hosting universe since lots of not known hosting providers before are on top when it comes to hosting services. (Ex: Crazydomains, etc.)

I guess, it has something to do with their name- godaddy. It is very easy to remember and a good marketing they had before. But right now it's very hard to say that they are leading in hosting universe since lots of not known hosting providers before are on top when it comes to hosting services. (Ex: Crazydomains, etc.)

Danica Partick had a lot to do with boosting Go Daddy in the market place

I guess, it has something to do with their name- godaddy. It is very easy to remember

Well, I agree and disagree with you. That's true that it is easy to remember, however it doesn't tell us about the business of company. On the other hand, Bluehost may tell us about their activity, but it doesn't sound very memorable.

This is a very helpful discussion. I have friends also in the industry who are sharing information as well about the web hosting world. I am seeing the same kind of competition emerging in other businesses as well and the competition is tight everywhere. I think it is the world we live in. It's not like it was 40 years ago where anyone and everyone could start a business and thrive. We are dealing with so may things in our present day world that working harder is no longer the key, but working smarter is. At least as our primary focus. Which will cause us to work harder in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting