How have you done that?

I've written quite a few over the years. The big thing to remember, this is not a sales pitch. The press release must be news worthy and you must not be pitched as an advertisement. Sometimes it's best to leave off pricing, just so that news companies don't need to edit anything. If a newspaper, online website or other outlet has to take the time to edit your content, they will likely just delete it and not run the story.

For information on how to write an effective press release, just search google and you'll find thousands of answers. Here's a link - I did the search for you;
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+write+a+press+release&aq=f&oq=how+to+write+a+press+release

Press Releases can help out a lot but you have to watch how you write them up don't make it look like your trying to write a PR just to advertise its main goad is to be about news something thats happening and not something that is selling..

Like handsonhosting said if you keep prices out and write it up good that a editor dose not have to edit it then you have more of a chance a new company picks it up and publishes it .

Any examples of PR's? I am new business in Austin, TX; can you do a PR just saying in a nice fancy non advertising way new business specializing in design and hosting?

We sure have! It's a great way to get some backlinks and exposure to your site. However to really take advantage of media relations, you probably need to work with a public relations firm. Merely delivering press releases isn't going to get you picked up by the top media outlets.

We've used PRweb before which worked pretty well. It got picked up by Yahoo which got us a nice influx of traffic. If you go to PRweb they have some nice information on Press Releases.

We have used PR many time when our company has launched new product, service and offer. Generally we write PR and distribute to PR submission sites to reach maximum numbers of user.
:)

Yes i done that many times because they also have value. And they are simple to be made but you have to write good content.

It's not about writing a press release, which is fairly easy, but about distributing it. Like with most things, your options range from free to paying heavy $$$.

I've never written any press releases. I'm not really a good writer so it'd probably look more like a sales pitch than just a press release.

I think I'd have to hire someone else to write the press release for me.

Chad

I have to get up to speed on press releases myself even though I am pretty good at writing, even have Journalism credits form college decades ago but every type of submittal has its own format which Im still getting up to speed on since been back in this busines

Make it be real news, something you think that should be shared with the outside world, but do not include prices in it

Press Releases and Guest Blogging will definitely become a vital part of SEO for the future and many marketers, me included, are looking for interesting opportunities in this area. After Google released Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird, those two have become even more valuable sources to get recognised.

Many people are misguided the real benefits such creative writing encompasses and think that it should be tied to a commercial use, direct advertising or usage of dofollow links. In reality, a simple 1 link in your author profile on the bottom of an article, can easily do the trick.

We need to concetrate more and more about the content and style of writing we use. With the new search engine tendencies the users will use more and more search keywords, going to whole sentences, so a content, which is well styled and helpful, will pop up more and more in front pages. Moreover writing articles in trusted and well populated news websites will further influence the readers to remember you, and thus remember your company.

I am still exploring all the vast options for article and blog contribution, so am still learning about the right methodology, but I can definitely recommend it to others - regardless if you're a starter or an established player on the market, you shouldn't miss a chance to impress :rolleyes2

Press releases are not hard to write. Simply read through some from companies you trust and emulate those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost