How long have you been with a particular host?

bandboy

I have been with my current host for close to a year now and it has been smooth ride so far with quick support and fast servers. Uptime has been good and overall experience has been positive. How long have you been with a particular host?

I've been with my currect hosting (************) for about half a year and so far I haven't got any serious issues. Good hosting. :thumbsup:

How far the support and the services are good the company can stay in the business in long run.

I've been with one host for mabye 3 yrs now. They;ve had a few issues here and there.. some really bad times, but then you have smooth sailings for 8-9 months, still something comes up..

You must with your host at least 3 to 6 months to make judgement on them.
Frequency of downtime normally will reflect to the service of that company

I've been using Hostgator for 3 years, 4 months and... 11 days I think. May I never feel the need to change hosts! :)

Have a dedicated server with godaddy for last 4 years. Shared hosting with ix web hosting for last 1 year. Love the fact that they provide class C IPS add on domains.

It all depends on kind of support and services servi provider provides, if it is good then customer will stay with it forever else nobody will pay for terrible services!!

I have been using my current host(LunarPages) for a good year now I think.

I had problems with using too many resources on my shared plan, so I had to go dedicated.

Their #1 support is a lie, their support is terrible, and I dreaded ever going to them for it.

BUT, overall their service is good. The servers are quality and get the job done. If you can fight your way through the techies, it is a great hosting company.

I've tried couple of local (Malaysian) hosting provider and I can count by hand how many that really provide good support. Unfortunately the way their fee structure is not as encouraging as their service. My point is, with same amount of budget, I could get a much better service using non-local hosting provider.

The longest host I've had my account was 3 years. Their service initially was good but I guess they grew tired and focus on other product. (Some kind of online business I recalled). When this happen, their support is no longer as quick as before and that's why I move on to other host. Sometimes having too many client can be painful if you do not have enough experience support staff. So having a host with small number of client is not as bad as you think. (You get extra attention if you are lucky).

I've been with my hosting service (CWH) for almost 6 years and during that time I've only had a couple of bad issues, but they handled them with dedication and speed.

The shared hosting plan I have allows for 150 GB a month of bandwidth transfer and for the past year I have been using an average of 200 GB.
I've discussed this with the owner and he's actually moved my site to a less used server so he wouldn't have to add any extra monthly charges.

Not too long ago the company they lease server space from sold out to a larger company at which time the new owners decided to upgrade the server hardware. Since then it's been a catastrophe. My site went down Friday night (along with a few thousand other sites from over 800 hosting services) for the change over and came back up today for a short while and now it's down again.

I certainly don't want to leave CWH but I may have no choice if the goof balls that are working on the servers don't get their act together. It certainly isn't the hosting companies fault but what am I supposed to do? :sad:

It certainly isn't the hosting companies fault but what am I supposed to do?
The customer is bound to find a solution that satisfies him. Days of downtime are a very serious issue, not only due to lost traffic and money during those days, but due to possible (temporary as it might be) loss of rankings in the search engines. The impact of prolonged downtime can be far greater than what it initially seems to be.

Going further, the upstream provider clearly isn't who it used to be, and your provider will require time to prepare a smooth transition to another data center -- if this is even being considered.

I would at least move my most important sites to a provider I can rely more on.

Well, it seems as if things have finally straightened out some. My site and forum are back up now.
The bad thing is the server folks are throttling back bandwidth and that's not good for all the large files I have available for download.
The hosting company says it's only temporary until everything gets back to normal.
I'm going to give them a couple more days and see what happens. I really hate to leave this company.

Please excuse me though. I seem to be getting a bit off-topic here. :smilie3: