How many days before suspension?

Seven days, if communication seems fruitless.

After that, it depends on their reason for not paying.

Simon

We take it on a case by case basis.
I've cut off sites anywhere from 3 days to 30 days.
I've given 30 days before and the client never had any payment issues after that.

One week unless the client contacts us and works something out with us, all within reason of course.

We invoice 3 days in advance so if there is no communication as to why a client can't make a payment, we suspend after 24 hours.

With a valid excuse or at the very least ample communication, we will let a client slide for 5 days.

We send invoices 5 days prior and on the due date. They then have 5 additional days to pay or contact us to make arrangements before they are suspended. After 30 days of no contact we delete the site. This is how we have done it for 4 years now and has worked well. Usually if they do not contact us in that 10 day period it means they aren't going to.

For clients who aren't setup to pay automatically through 2CheckOut we usually suspend wtihin a 5-10 day period. If we don't hear back we terminate after 14 days.

Actually just went through and suspended two accounts tonight.

Now that I think of it, I stilll have some dude's site on my server and I haven't had a cent in months...
Until it starts to cost me money, I usually dont bother...that combined with the fact that I'm too lazy to get his domain off my server...I NEED COFFEE!!! NOW!!

We'll usually let it slide for a few days, after suspending the account, however this depends entirely on the situation. We're usually very strict on repeated offences and will eventually terminate the account.