How much percentage does Paypal get.

depends also on how it was sent - from PP balance or C/Card, and your account type (personal, business, plus etc)

and mass-pay items are free (for reciever, £1 for sender)

I agree.

It depends on volume and also the core payment method. Credit cards are more expensive than debit cards.

I think it might be even less if it comes from a balance already in the buyers account.

Don't hold me to that though.

Transaction Fees for Domestic Payments - PayPal

Sending money

It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services. There are also:

No monthly fees to maintain a PayPal account.
No setup fees.
No gateway fees.
No fees for multiple eBay and merchant tools.

Receiving purchase payments

The standard rate for receiving payments for goods and services is 2.9%.

If you receive more than $3,000.00 USD per month, you're eligible to apply for PayPal's Merchant Rate - which lowers your fees as your sales volume increases. Your fees can be as low as 1.9%, based on your previous month's sales volume. To start using PayPal for your businesses call sales at: 866-769-1991.

$0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD -- 2.9% + $0.30 USD
$3,000.01 USD - $10,000.00 USD -- 2.5% + $0.30 USD
$10,000.01 USD - $100,000.00 USD -- 2.2% + $0.30 USD
> $100,000.00 USD -- 1.9% + $0.30 USD

This information was retrieved from PayPal

Hope this helped in regards to your concern!

Best Regards,

The percentage depends on the country and the type of accounts. If you are in US, it would be 2.9% highest, while in UK it is 3.4%

The following website should have all these calculations:
http://ppcalc.com/

I can't tell you the exact amount, but the percentage for someone subscribing to your service is alot...