How much....

pirohost

How much have you invested into setting up + running your web hosting business, ATM I have spent $2000 + and still going, this includes server fees, various scripts, support, design etc....

You made me curious. How old is your business? Do you have any customers yet? Did you start with a dedicated server right away, or with a reseller account?

My business was started with in this very month, I started out with two dedicated servers and currently 0 customers.

MOD NOTE: Post removed.

3.1 Be respectful to other users and avoid personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rentaserv one lesson that I learned in life is that you will get out what you put in. The money is alot for start up but in the long run I expect it to pay off.

Last edited:
Again, no offense, but what is the logic in having 2 dedicated servers when you have no clients?
Wouldn't it make better business sense to lease a single server and expand as necessary?

pirohost said:
1 server for my personal sites/free sites, the second server for paid clients.
Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to split one server into a small VPS for your VPS and the rest for your paid clients?

I taught about that but I have some high bandwidth sites on the free server/videos. I don't want to mix personal things with business.

I just replied to this same question on a different forum you posted it at :p
I think it is a good idea to keep free and paid sites seperated. Two servers could get rather expensive. But if you can afford to support them until the business takes off, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

we buy all our hardware upfront on a just in time basis but it works well, we find colo (albeit in our own racks) is a lot more efficient than just renting dedicated servers. We just have our billing system then all our other fees are to our rackspace providers/upstreams/advertising. However I doubt anyone will tell you how much they've invested

I think I am the least invested guy in this thread. I dint spend anything for design, I did all the design by myself. And also I dont have any special scripts installed in my site.
I think I can enhance with these things if I get some more clients, and make my site more attractive just like my service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting