How To Advertise Your Web Hosting Business?

weekhost

Hello HD members,

Any new web host will realise that there is a lot of competition in the web hosting industry and it can be hard to establish yourself in the market. I think to succeed as a host you must offer a quality, reliable low cost service to your clients.

What type of ad worked so far for you? =)

This is a over saturated business, with all the niche markets more than filled at this time. Lots of "unlimited everything 1€ for all", are just kids trying to be rich in a week or in a month. And soon as they realise this is a very hard work, they just left their few customers completely abandoned and run to another get-quick-rich business. The true is that this is not, and never was, a easy business. We need to stay positive, 100% dedicated to our clients and keep the financial resources very healthy and under control. Good luck!

This is a over saturated business, with all the niche markets more than filled at this time. Lots of "unlimited everything 1€ for all", are just kids trying to be rich in a week or in a month. And soon as they realise this is a very hard work, they just left their few customers completely abandoned and run to another get-quick-rich business. The true is that this is not, and never was, a easy business. We need to stay positive, 100% dedicated to our clients and keep the financial resources very healthy and under control. Good luck!

That is all good and true, but I think the question was more about what type of advertising worked for you, given the competitive state of the industry as you just described?

Personally I started my client base through word of mouth to local businesses.

I also have the advantage of selling ePos systems to them which many want a website to go with so they fall hand in hand. As of recently I also started to offer remote mysql database options to them as an add-on product which I manage to gain a good margin on.

Most businesses around me also has very little web presence so once a few were setup it spread to the others on it's own.

i totally agree with this guy
and also in a competitive market "price" is a factor key, at first should diminish unnecessary costs and offer big discounts for a while and don't forget local business

Hello HD members,

Any new web host will realise that there is a lot of competition in the web hosting industry and it can be hard to establish yourself in the market. I think to succeed as a host you must offer a quality, reliable low cost service to your clients.

What type of ad worked so far for you? =)
I agree with quality and reliable, but not necessarily low cost service. Price has a lot to do with your niche. Ads that sell the sizzle work best, and not just ads that list features and prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost