How to attract customer reviews ?

ultimahosts

Most customers are annoyed by entering credit card information. How can you motivate them to take time contribute product reviews?

Customers are annoyed entering credit card information? You mean that customers don't like taking the time to fill out information or that they just don't like paying for things period?

I'm not sure I follow the first part of your statement.

As for motivating them to do reviews, just put it bluntly to them in your newsletter - please fill out a testimonial. The more reviews you have, the easier it is for others to find you. The more clients you get, the more employees you can have on staff. The more employees, the faster your clients tickets can be answered. The faster the answers, the better the service, the cheaper the price, the more stable the company, the more likely you're not going to be folding shop in the next 6 months.

If you put it 'point blank' to the customer and tell them that you need their help to grow your business so you can better assist theirs, MANY customers will post a review.

Some places offer a credit toward their next month's hosing bill - this seems to work for some. Others will post a link from the hosting company back to the customer to showcase them.

The thing to remember in business (and in life for that matter), you have to always ask for it. The most that someone can say is NO, and you just move on. Two little letters don't scare you right? :)

The thing to remember in business (and in life for that matter), you have to always ask for it. The most that someone can say is NO, and you just move on. Two little letters don't scare you right?
This is one of the first things you should learn in sales training - to ask for the sale. And the same applies here to reviews ... and to referrals. If you don't ask, they more than likely won't volunteer. :)

I think that you just should put easy to understand information which would explain customers that entering some info now will help you in future, as well as you will put it only at once. Just 5 minutes of your life could make it better.

If you put it 'point blank' to the customer and tell them that you need their help to grow your business so you can better assist theirs, MANY customers will post a review.

. The most that someone can say is NO, and you just move on. Two little letters don't scare you right? :)

Pretty straight forward on the info you are getting, just ask. That is what we do with our cleaning business.

Also please advise how effective is to use Google AdWords. If someone have experience with this service please let me know how it helped you to attract customers. Thanks)

Depending on your target market GoogleAdwords are effective. For us, they've been more effective in hosting advertising than Facebook and Bing, however graphic design and physical products we've found Facebook to be VERY effective if not MORE effective than Google.

A lot of companies offer incentives to their customers who post product or service reviews. Might want to try that.

Definitely ask, and do it continually. If you put a small bit in your newsletter or in the user panel for customers we're more likely to remember and get around to it.

Otherwise unless something noteworthy has happened I'm not likely to find the time for a review. Life just gets in the way..

I agree with vWiz, offer incentives. Offer points or a percentage off future purchases, depending on the type of company you have.

Perhaps offer it as a package deal with purchases.

Ask your customers about their experiences and make it easy. Let them send it by email, fax, for call it in. It may also be helpful to tell them where to review.

You can say, "If you're happy with your web hosting service, visit {URL} to share a review. Send us the link for {INCENTIVE}" Where {URL} is your local search, a ratings board, or form on your website. And, {INCENTIVE} is what they get for their feedback.

You can give them a discount on future purchases, tickets to a customer appreciation event, or some other incentive.

However, if you then want to use these testimonials on your website you'll want to get your customers permission.

If customers won't take the time to do this, then they aren't satisfied enough to be sincere. Worse, you may not have provided enough value to exchange for good feedback.

Sincerely,

Justin

If they don't want to review your hosting, you could always offer account credit, $5 for a review or something along those lines.

A lot of companies offer incentives to their customers who post product or service reviews. Might want to try that.

I would put VERY little stock in a review of a host who feels the need to pay or offer incentives for said reviews.
No credibility there at all.

I would put VERY little stock in a review of a host who feels the need to pay or offer incentives for said reviews.
No credibility there at all.

That is what I'm thinking as well. Paid reviews are crappy reviews because the writers only wants the money and not about the product or service they are reviewing.

It is always better to get reviews from your clients. They tell you exactly what they have experienced from your services.

Yeah, offering money for reviews is bad form. Offering a discount on your next purchase or a coupon on the other hand doesn't seem so bad to me. I think it's reasonable to offer something to the person who bothers to help you out with a review. On the other hand, excellent customer service followed by a polite request for a service review works well for us. We don't offer incentives and our customers are often willing to review us anyway, which we very much appreciate.

We were actually thinking about trying a raffle-type incentive, since our organic reviews have fallen off a bit. We were thinking we'd offer $50 for a randomly selected customer who leaves us a review. It seems a bit better than offering a bribe to each individual anyway. Thoughts?