how to bring more visitor to a site?

Juon

I have created Web Hosting website. i feel like it is cool
but i have problem on promoting it.

can anybody tell me what to do?

Thank you

Yes, word-of-mouth is the best. However, perhaps you can try Adwords, although a lot of people say that Adwords is not very useful. Actually, Adwords does help bring traffic to your site.

Getting your name into an industry as saturated as web hosting is a really difficult thing to do. Getting it out in a positive light is even harder.

You need to decide what your target audience is and then find a way to get a few large customers on board. Word usually spreads fast.

I remember my first hosting account was bought when I did a domainwhois on the forums I was frequently posting on.

AdWords is alright, but is very costly. I'm sure there are other (better) ways of doing it.

Purchasing an ad block on HD (or another hosting-related website) is probably a good way to start.

Hosting Discussion Advertising

Good luck!

ldcdc said:
It is helpful, if you can afford it. Bids for hosting related terms are quite high.

Yup, it's quite high. Some keywords cost as much as USD 1 per click and there are keywords which cost more.

USD 1 per click
It's one thing to be able to make a bid, and another to actually rank so that you get some traffic. For the hosting terms I've tried, a bid of $1 did not bring significant traffic.

Make posts in web hosting and webmaster forums with site's link in the forum sig. Get your site listed in top web directories.

Kind of a side note on the google Adwords. I checked on eBay for google AdWord accounts and sure enough there were items you could buy on ebay that would set you up for about $100 credit that went for $4. Just a tip that might save you some cash if you want to try out adwords before committing to it.

peter phillips said:
Make posts in web hosting and webmaster forums with site's link in the forum sig.
It can also get you banned for spamming if you're not making a positive contribution to the forums.
Members who come to the board with the intention of getting their URL well known are most likely going to have their URL removed from the board and give themselves a bad name.
If you're going to go the route of joining a forum community, you should do it with the intention of making a good contribution and getting your business a foot-in-the-door, and anything after that is just a bonus. :)

Juon said:
I have created Web Hosting website. i feel like it is cool
but i have problem on promoting it.

can anybody tell me what to do?

Thank you
You can drag traffic to your website by paying to google or yahoo or you can do it for free.
Free - Optimize your site well in all the major search engines mainly google, yahoo and msn. Concentrate on content because content is the thing that attracts customers and retains their attention and turn leads into sales. It also helps in branding and gain inbound links. Quality content and proper use of keywords would improve your site PR. Article sumbmission, press release, Directory submission, Forum sigs, Blogging, RSS & Feeds it would help you to build up a huge network of backlinks.

Great content(maybe some useful tips for newbies and interesting news for experienced webmasters) + high ranking in search engines + of course ads in thematic resources will bring you good traff.

There are many ways to promote a host.

For example, you can buy banner space on this website :)
You can also do adsense, SEO, signature advertising etc.

If you're still starting, start hosting your friends sites then if they are satisfied with your service ask them to write review with your service and ask them to refer their friends to try your service.

This is the fastest way a new webhosting grow. You can also try to submit your site to webhosting directories like <snipped>, http://www.cheaphostingdirectory.com , http://www.hostindex.com, http://www.tophosts.com/ and other directories.

<snipped>

MOD NOTE: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted. Please read and obey the rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
A knowledge base is a good way to bring in traffic if you write articles on the hosting features helping people out with developing their site. Also, another thing you may want to keep in mind is that any unique idea that could be added to your hosting company to increase a variety of services will definitely plant a mark for you, as well as provide you another source of cash flow.

you need to work out a good offer to attract the first batch of customer. after u have the promotion plan, write to forums where have hosting offers. and talk to customer/people of what you offering.

keep up a good track record. in 6 mth time, or a yr, you will be up on track.

try to start with local advertising first and do not draw goals for being internation web hsoting company with one million dollars

I second the local advertising, this has turned out to a be a good way to really get your name out for a much lower cost and still get business.

Adwords can get expensive, choose your keywords wisely a lot of the generic keywords are quite high but there are still some that can be had for a decent price if you get creative enough ;)

MOD NOTE: Affiliate links of any kind are not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a tip i use.

Look at your competitors link on google to see where they have adverts and links to their site.

Simply type the following into google:

url:http://competitors website address here

Now that you can see where your competitors advertise, why not do the same.

Good luck