How to solve php module related issue

Eminentworks

If there is any php module related issue with the existing php website, first of all check the phpinfo page or php.ini file. Locate the php.ini file and if the module is not loaded in phpinfo page, need to allow that module in php.ini file.

--------------------------------
How to create a phpinfo.php File :
→ In the public_html folder of the website, create a file named phpinfo.php.
→ Write the following code to show all the information about PHP.
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
→ Browse this webpage (example: http://64.27.50.50:108/phpinfo.php).

How to find php.ini file :
→ Browse phpinfo.php file and search for "Loaded Configuration File". This will show you an actual path of php.ini file on the disk.

How to add module/extension in php.ini file :
→ Add following line in php.ini file :
extension=FILE_NAME.dll

Here FILE_NAME is the extension file name.

This assumes that you are running PHP on windows and that that particular module has been compiled already.

I would imagine that more often than not the real solution would be more complex.

I don't think I've ever loaded a PHP module as a .dll. I've always just used VirtualBox or something similar to spin up a Linux machine and used Apache+PHP [LAMP].

That said - I doubt anybody that would have this problem and not know how to solve it would have the access necessary to actually fix the problem.

I would imagine that more often than not the real solution would be more complex.

Not really... The 'real solution'?

DON'T use Windows for PHP :p

Ok, so that's a biased solution, but it's correct ;)
Windows and PHP have long had a messy relationship. There's too many things that can (and do) go wrong, too many differences between the architectures of *ix and Win .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost