How to transfer domain?

debanjanSEO

I have .in domain name. I am frustrated from my present hosting company , I want to transfer my domain to another web hosting company .Can anyone suggest me how to do that efficiently.

Last edited:
I am guessing you registered the domain with the hosting provider? If so they may not simply allow you to point away from their nameservers, in which case you will need to apply for a domain transfer to a new registrar. Good free ones I'd recommend are 123-reg.co.uk/netearthone.com.
If not you just need to buy some new hosting and login to your registrar and change the nameservers from your current hosting company to the new one, wait a few hours for DNS propagation and you will be free :-]

What I understand is you want to move your website from old hosting company to new one.
For that you have to move website data to new hosting provider and update the new name servers of your domain name in order to work the site from new hosting server.

I am guessing you registered the domain with the hosting provider? If so they may not simply allow you to point away from their nameservers, in which case you will need to apply for a domain transfer to a new registrar. Good free ones I'd recommend are 123-reg.co.uk/netearthone.com.
If not you just need to buy some new hosting and login to your registrar and change the nameservers from your current hosting company to the new one, wait a few hours for DNS propagation and you will be free :-]
If your current hosting provider is the registered owner of the domain, you may have problems as well.

In your web hosting control panel, is there a section for domains or domain management? If so, you might be in luck and able to change your domain name servers to that of your new host. However, most of the time if the package you ordered came with a "free" domain, generally you can't keep that domain.

If domain is locked by your hoster, you have nothing to do. But if your hoster wants, can allow you to change namererver even transfer the domain to other registrar. All is depending on your hoster.

You could use the Webnic whois features http://www.webnic.cc/cgi/whois_captcha.cgi to search the administrative contact info. If it is belong to you, you could request the current provider to unlock domain and provide the EPP code (authorization code) from them. If they are not willing to do the domain transfer to you, you could request unlock domain and request EPP code from your domain registrar.

you can easily transfer from your domain control but you must need to know the domain secret key in order to transfer domain. Also from last couple of years an email verfication also need from old to new company.

Just request for the Domain Secret key from old provider, give it to your new registrant & they will move the domain for you, its pretty simple.

Thanks!

hello,

It is easy:
1- Login your domain account
2-click on the server names tab
3- Modify the server names to the new names (this new server names you will get it from the new host company)