Hundreds of Pages

Silk

Ok, I have one client who has literally hundreds of pages (it's a medically related company and they have information about different diseases and health challenges). He has recently had us convert his site from HTML/CSS to WYSIWYG (so his non-techie employees could edit), but I have not yet converted these pages because of the sheer size of the job. Do you have any recommendations for a quick change?

What is the WYSIWYG script that you're planning to use?

Much of the conversion is going to be based on what is needed and what needs to get put in whatever location.

I use wordpress and drupal as CMS systems and are fairly easy to use, but it will depend on what you're using, what you're moving to and how that script is structured.

Depends on the data those pages contain. To me this sounds like custom programming with some regular CMS platform in order to fit that data for easy manipulation.

Yeah, I think a CMS is a good solution. It's easier and cheaper to use freely available CMS like Drupal, Joomla or even Wordpress. But there are paid options you can choose if your client want to keep the website unique.

I'd also recommend using a CMS as it will allow you to edit the design of the website from just a couple of files and also match the link structure exactly.

Jack

Our server offers RVSiteBuilder; this is the WYSIWYG to which the pages need to be converted. Do you have any experience with this software? I'm not particularly fond of it, but I'm forced to work with it occasionally.

For the RVSiteBuilder you're going to be forced to do everything by hand. There's no automation scripts available from what I understand. It's just a long tedious process.

Our server offers RVSiteBuilder; this is the WYSIWYG to which the pages need to be converted
Just.Don't.

Install Jooma! or Drupal and put it into a "proper" CMS application for them, it *will* save you endless support tickets later.

Ok, I have one client who has literally hundreds of pages (it's a medically related company and they have information about different diseases and health challenges). He has recently had us convert his site from HTML/CSS to WYSIWYG (so his non-techie employees could edit), but I have not yet converted these pages because of the sheer size of the job. Do you have any recommendations for a quick change?

The first thing that came to mind even before reading other responses was to suggest the use of a CMS and seeing others have mentioned this also seems like a viable option for you to consider.

And, as far as a CMS goes, I highly recommend Wordpress. Yes it is to manage blog, but you can customize your Wordpress blog to the point that it doesn't look like a blog anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting