i am new here , and need your help .

amandeep

Hi

I'm interested in providing web hosting for my own websites and customers. Can anyone tell me what you have to do to do this?

I have no idea so any help is much appeciated!

thanks

amandeep, welcome to HostingDiscussion.

First, you have to establish the size of resources needed to host your sites and ones of your customers. From that you can find out how much space and bandwidth you require to accomodate all that.

Second, you will then know what you should be looking for: a simple Reseller account that can host a limited number of sites, a VPS solution that will give you more space to move and work around, or a Dedicated Server (the most expensive of all).

You should also take into account any specific features that require to host any of the sites. There are sites that require Ruby on Rails, or PHP5 that some companies do not yet provide.

Hope this helps a little.

MOD NOTE: Post removed for advertising content. tshark, solicitation and advertising of any forum is prohibited. Please consult HostingDiscussion.com Rules:

3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.
http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/rules.php

HI,
Ok. You can either, buy a server (most extreme method), become a hosting affiliate with whatever hosting company you like, or become a hosting reseller.

As an affiliate, you get some money as a referral fee. As a reseller, you are responsible for a storefront and advertising.
silvermoon

The best option to look into is Reseller Hosting. You will be able to pay one fee monthly and host multiple domain names. You will select the amount of space/bandwidth you need and how many domains you need hosted. These days most host allow unlimited domains with their reseller plans.

Once signed up they will send you your control panel login details and you can setup each of your accounts. You don't have to maintain the servers, you just setup the accounts on the server and sell packages at a price you choose.

amandeep welcome to HostingDiscussion :)

Depending on your needs, I would advise on either starting with a Reseller Hosting account or with a VPS. Reseller hosting cost could be from $15 monthly up to $70 monthly. Most VPS providers start from $40 per month.

What is your budget? How much disk space and bandwidth do you require? How many domains and customers do you have? Will you need to move to a dedicated server soon? You should ask yourself those questions before making any decisions.

Not only that but also research on any web hosting company you wish to sign up with, it's better to be safe then sorry!

As many have said previously, you have many different options when it comes to hostign your own websites. You can go with a reseller package which is the cheapest route, but you still have to hope that other people on the server dont crash it. The next best suggestion, which is what I suggest, is a VPS. You can get a great VPS from http://liquidweb.com for about $60.00 a month. It includes 20gb/200gb, full managment, and cPanel. It's a little costly, but their service, uptime, and support are UNBEATABLE!!
The next option is a dedicated server, which you can get a small one for about $60, but that would be a little celeron or sempron box with 1tb bandwidth.
Anyway, just figure out how much disc psace and bandwidth you need, and then try to determine how much processor/ram you need. If the bandwidth looks like it is going to be over 200-300gb, you should DEFINITLY look into atleast a VPS. If it is a bit more, then a dedi server might be your best bet. Again I suggest Liquidweb for a server, or beachcomber.net. Both offer great service for the price!
Bets of luck to you!