I know this has been asked other places but

Sessionmedia

OK I know this has been asked other places but

What place do you guiys like to use for registering your sdomain names. I am not talking about what place do you guys resell for or want to resell for.

Just where do you guys like to register domain names and why?

For example I like netsol (I know many people hate them and they are expensive) but I feel secure with them they have been around for ever. I also got my SSL Cert through them.

Although if I really need a domain and can't spend the cash I would go with Planet domain cause they are really friendly I had to call them once with a problem with a domain I had and the person I got on the phone with was really friendly and it was like 3am here in NY.

So what domain reg do you like and why,

I like NameCheap.com, because they're cheap, they're friendly and they accept PayPal. Rick always helps me out when I have a problem. :)

And ofcourse I also like *****.com (censored it myself, I don't want to share this with you :D ).
They RULE: cheapest I know of (6.95$/year !!:eek: ), friendly & fast support. :)

Hands down its godaddy.com. They have good service very good prices and its real easy to use. Also defcon your post doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't you share a registar place? Unless its fake then there is not one good reason why you wouldn't let us all know what it is.

"Why wouldn't you share a registar place? Unless its fake then there is not one good reason why you wouldn't let us all know what it is."

thats what I was thinking Vibe :p

.::DefCon::. said:
And ofcourse I also like *****.com (censored it myself, I don't want to share this with you :D ).
They RULE: cheapest I know of (6.95$/year !!:eek: ), friendly & fast support. :)
(funny huh: quoting myself :D)

Two q's:
1. Anyone any idea who I'm talking about?
2. Anyone who knows a registrar as cheap as them? (6.95$/yr)

Thank you. :)

Hello Defcon

Lately I have been noticing many of your posts. An when I say many i maean lots. It seems you just want your post number up because you have been saying one word replies. Also this post is ridculous. You seem to be acting quite immature. As all the posts after your first one veryone has said there is no reason for you to not be telling us. Have a nice day.

Vibe said:
Hello Defcon

Lately I have been noticing many of your posts. An when I say many i maean lots. It seems you just want your post number up because you have been saying one word replies. Also this post is ridculous. You seem to be acting quite immature. As all the posts after your first one veryone has said there is no reason for you to not be telling us. Have a nice day.

Sorry Vibe :(
Just trying to make some fun and enjoy the new WHT.
I didn't know I was pissing you off with that... :rolleyes: My apologies.

Anyway: the registrar I'm talking about it www.Reg2C.com :)

Have a great day,

Thomas

Defcon,

How do you like it so far? Does Reg2C offers you total control of your domain? Do they provide control panel as well?

Yes they do. They're VERY good (considering the price).
ONE "but": when configuring nameservers for a domain, it often says 'Nameserver 1 is not a nameserver' or 'Nameserver 2 is not a nameserver' (when they ARE nameservers) :(
No matter how many times you try, the sh*tty software won't accept your nameservers sometimes.
That's where it's time to contact support. :D Luckily their support IS ok and they'll change the nameservers for you. ;)

Sessionmedia said:
For example I like netsol (I know many people hate them and they are expensive) but I feel secure with them they have been around for ever.

You realise thats the first sign of insanity, huh... :D

Secure?? Are they not the registrar with the worst record for domain hijackings?

Anyways I'm sure you've heard all the anti-netsol talk before.

Personally, to register my own domains I'll usually roll up to 000domains.com, they quite often get mentioned as a good OpenSRS reseller and I've certainly found them to be pretty good so far.

Ya....

Secure?? Are they not the registrar with the worst record for domain hijackings?

I know but I never had any issues with them before all my info and domains have been safe with them (Although I stopped using them a year ago) Since I go with Planetdomain now but a LARGE majority of my clients come to me with domains already reg with netsol so its basiclly like they are like the Microsoft company. Meaning they are everywhere lol

They still register more domains than any other registrar. It's sad, but it's true.

We receive more incoming domain transfers from them than any other registrar - by 100 to 1...

-t

Last few months, I heard that they still have larger than 50% of the market, especially after buying registers.com.

I have the same experience like Thewitt. Most of the domain transfers are from VeriSign and registers.com.

I register all my domains at RegisterFly.

http://www.registerfly.com/

They are a reseller of eNom. I like them a lot, their control panel really is great, plenty of cool features, they are cheap too and are constantly having great deals too. You can pay for your domains there via PayPal or credit card which is really nice too. :)

The only one bad thing is their Online Chat Support. :(
If you submit a ticket, then great - you're in great hands as they know a lot and can really help you out. But their live chat support is really really really dumb - and I mean really. They even say the other RegisterFly employees are wrong and they even said I was wrong when I proved them right! :eek:
Then I sent an e-mail to the CEO and got a nice reply back which made me feel very happy and safe with RegisterFly. :D

Oh, and by the way, Reg2C is now $7.15 ;)
Seems they went up a bit in price. :p

I've registered all my domains so far at Godaddy.com although with the deal being offered by ev1 right now ($5 +tax), the domains I still have to buy, I'll probably go to them for. $8.95 at godaddy versus $5.41 at ev1 really adds up when you register 10-15 domains ! :)

Were moving to enom $6.95/domain, great API, support has been 1st class on the only 2 occassions we've needed them.