If it wasn't hosting

wh-coach

If you had to pick something else to do... what would it be? I'm interested in what other people would be doing if it wasn't something Internet-related.

For me, I'd probably be teaching french horn to 12 year olds and nursing 15-year old football injuries.

Not Internet related? Building my own experimental aircraft or helicopter, probably a Berkut 540 or A600 Talon.

I'd look into opening a couple shops up around town. Start out with one, and eventually go about to opening a chain etc.

I'm actually looking to open a coffee shop in the near future, and partner up with a big college from around my area. If that comes off good, I may be living up to my non-internet world!

I'd look into opening a couple shops up around town. Start out with one, and eventually go about to opening a chain etc.

I'm actually looking to open a coffee shop in the near future, and partner up with a big college from around my area. If that comes off good, I may be living up to my non-internet world!

Good luck with your venture, hopefully works out how you plan if not better.

Good luck with your venture, hopefully works out how you plan if not better.

Thank you for the kind words. It's a real big help that a $10,000 gift is being given to my business partner from a close friend. If all goes well, the college will be paying us to stay open.. :)

Would have loved to be a private or a commercial airline pilot.
You can still do that Artashes. Aren't there any flight schools in your area? I did all my flight training after work and on the weekends. You could probably get your private pilots license in short order.

You can still do that Artashes. Aren't there any flight schools in your area? I did all my flight training after work and on the weekends. You could probably get your private pilots license in short order.

I am already working on it. ;)

I got the books, but I was late for the summer term class. Will likely do the theory over winter/spring term. In the meantime, will be doing some flying with a pilot friend, getting used to equipment.

While there is a difference between flying a single-engine Cessna versus a commercial jet, as long as I can do any kind of flying I'll be happy. I have an objective to fly a multi-engine King Air type aircraft so I can move around in a larger company of family and friends.

What is the extent of your experience, Steve? What do you fly? How long has it been? Do you fly often and what's your base airport?

I am already working on it.

I got the books, but I was late for the summer term class. Will likely do the theory over winter/spring term. In the meantime, will be doing some flying with a pilot friend, getting used to equipment.

While there is a difference between flying a single-engine Cessna versus a commercial jet, as long as I can do any kind of flying I'll be happy. I have an objective to fly a multi-engine King Air type aircraft so I can move around in a larger company of family and friends.

What is the extent of your experience, Steve? What do you fly? How long has it been? Do you fly often and what's your base airport?

My favorite plane to fly so far has been the Grumman American Cheetah. I flew my wife and other couples around the Hawaiian Islands quite often. My favorite Islands to visit were Maui and Kauai. I once had the unique opportunity to fly my Mom through Waimea Canyon on Kauai, when she visited me there.

When I first started training in Multi-Engine aircraft, it was like flying a truck compared to what I was used to. I can remember on my Multi-Engine (Cessna 310C) check ride, the inspector turned off the gas to my right engine on our way to Dillingham airstrip on the north shore, meaning I had to feather that prop and trim for yaw. As we entered the pattern (with only the left engine running), he simulated a landing gear failure, so I had to hand crank the gear down (57 turns) while looking at mirrors on the wing tip fuel tanks. After we had three green and on final approach, he told me our left main landing wheel had blown, so I had to land on the right wheel first, then ease the plane down onto the blown tire. Flaring on landing with just one engine running is critical as the engines generate lots of lift on the wings. Landing on one tire just complicated it that much more.

Congrats on your flight training, Artashes :) I'm looking forward to you telling us all about your first solo.

Last edited:
Oh that must have been some scenery!

What a great skill to have and the inspector really prepped you well. The more challenging they make it, the better prepared you are in a real case situation. Thank you for sharing your story, made me very excited.

Okay, I am going to hand this thread back to others to comment on their dreams and aspirations. :)

A managerial position in a bank or having my own marketing company (although that still counts as an online service) would've been nice as this is my education.

Personal preference would be working @ home definitely, maybe doing some sports betting. Actually I am already doing that as a side income and I promise to quit my job once I make enough money. You know what they say - "The first million is the hardest..." :D

I like stock market specially Commodities. But without the Internet it would be a real pain in a$$. :) So I will prefer Farming. For a long time I am dreaming to buy a Farm house.

My family has a 5000 acre grain farm in Canada. I'm not involved in the venture because I have severe allergies but I can sympathize with feeling the pull of the land. I worked there when I was a kid (well, it paid for university for me too) so there's plenty of blood and sweat in the soil from me. There are days when I really could see myself selling my house and moving the wife and kids out to the farm. Then I remember how much work it was :)

I'll probability be mating some hot chicks all day and going to night clubs if internet didn't exist hahaha.