"In Soviet Russia - HD Backs you up"

Dave, I've heard a lot about the Family Guy, but unfortunately I never got to watch it. The contest name though, wasn't intended to be related to the series. (Btw, how is it related, I'm curious?)

I just thought: HD is short for HostingDiscussion, the way we call it around here. HD is also a Hard Drive. Memory stick is in a way a hard drive, which backs up your files. So from that we got: "HD Backs You Up", as in: HostingDiscussion backs you up by offering Hard Drives. ;)

But tell me what is that about Family Guy?

Best,

It's an episode where Peter the dad gets involved with the Mafia. The "Don" of the mafia gang does him a favor and gets him a new spruced up car. Anyway...you know how they have these Nav systems in cars that tell you where to go, he flips through the different languages available and stops at Russian and it says:

"In Soviet Russia, Car Drives You" :D

Later on, he turns this nav system on again, and it's still on Russian, so they're coming up to a fork in the road and of course the nav system says:

"In Soviet Russia, Car Forks You" - It's too funny :D

So, I guess in the instance of your ad, if it had been a play on Family Guy it would have said: "At Hosting Discussion, HD Backs up you"

Best Cartoon - Watch it!

Artashes said:
Now that you bring out the example, I might give Family Guy a try.
Oh do, it is a very funny cartoon.

He's not in the room and his child changes the thermostat, then he runs in and says "Who touched the thermostat" then the neighbour runs in and says "Someone touched your thermostat" lol, typical dad thing ;)