In This Economy We have To Work Together

CoreXchange

Ok. I've noticed it in my own world, that people are being more and more cautious of how, and where they spend their money. I've also noticed that the relationships that we form now, with our clients, prospects, and partners, will ensure our success and longevity in the future.

Now, more than ever, I rely on relationships I have developed, and either send business to partners, clients, and/or they send business to me.

In this economy it is more important than ever that we not have tunnel vision and that we get creative, band together and offer solutions that help create win, win environments.

If I have a VOIP customer lets say, then I am usually on the lookout, or keep them in mind, if I find someone looking for new phone service, or building out a new office.

What are your thoughts on this? How can you see it in effect in your own businesses?

I'm looking at the crisis as opportunity. Anyone who didn't invested their money wisely or took more risks they can afford in their business would loose. However the all the market change for good I think, including the web hosting.

CoreXchange-- I absolutely agree with you about how to go about doing business these days. I also like to connect people who have services with people that have needs that I know. It's a good way to further the relationship that we've worked so hard to develop.

CoreXchange - This should be happening no matter what the economy is like. Locally I have relationships with many in different indutries such as office rental, printing,e tc to trade leads. Successful businesses start and end with a strong foundation and network.

CoreXchange - This should be happening no matter what the economy is like. Locally I have relationships with many in different indutries such as office rental, printing,e tc to trade leads. Successful businesses start and end with a strong foundation and network.

True Zacahary, it needs to be in any economy, but now More than ever...

The economy is getting a little better day by day, I live in New York and tell you what I've been watching the news day by day and I see dose numbers go up on the market.

The economy is getting a little better day by day, I live in New York and tell you what I've been watching the news day by day and I see dose numbers go up on the market.

I agree. That can't get better just at once.... And I assume that is difficult to notice the changes without following up

Volumes have been written about networking. When you pass leads to your clients without expecting anything in return, it solidifies that business relationship - leading to reduced churn and a higher rate of renewals.

I didn't know that anything had been written about it before. What types of books would you recommend reading to learn more about it? I've always just done it because I like to connect people.

This is a good concept that's often overlooked, it indeed can pay off to help out your customers like that as even your small clients might reel in some bigger ones that they might be friends or family with for instance so it's good to maintain a good relationship with them. At the same time, it's also smart to remember that having bad relationships can have bad outcomes so it's important not to purposely upset any clients as you don't know who they know.

I try to help out everyone, even if I am competing against them as sales rivals, and hopefully they will appreciate it enough to return the favor as well. You can still be friends with competition, and that actually can make things easier for both of you in the long run.

Working together is much easier to do on a world in which people have the same interest and goals,but to work together on a crisis?To my observations, crisis could mean great demands on economic and sometimes scarcity of employment.That leads most investors to invest online rather than investing on a certain goods.

Its just a matter on how you do your online inventories.

Whеn it comes to better compete, which always means to come up with a fresh ideas in a changing hosting market, I would point your attention to webhostbootcamp.net of the guy you see above - Zachary McClung. It was very good virtual conference, which saved a lot of money to participants and was good opportunity for networking.

Hello CoreXchange,

Its a great idea that you have given others to think of. I would like to help the clients by introducing new ideas into business which will not exploit the clients. I think that should be the great help to be done in this situation in order to make the market alive and to overcome the crisis.

We're headquartered in the Washington D.C. area and are thus lucky that, from a local perspective anyway, we've been faring the downturn fairly well.

The truth is, our industry is still very new and evolving. Our competition (in webhosting at least) is anything from a bored Russian teenager in his Mom's basement all the way up to Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple.

We have to not only think outside the box, but outside the business model as well. We aren't competing with just conglomerates looking to scoop up successful companies anymore...in an Open-Source market we are now competing with "free".

My $0.02.

Last edited:
The old cliche of "win ... win" comes to mind here. Where you have a win for a customer, and a win for the company. I like to push it a step further and say "win... win ... win.." ...

Win for the customer
Win for the company
Win for the partner

A real world example would be...

My company offers products A and B
My partners company offers products C and D
The customer needs A,B,C and D...

I work with my partner to provide an end-to-end solution
he wins, my company wins, but most importantly the client wins in the end.

:)

@CoreXchange - That's a great point.

We also take the point of view that you should have a good relationship with your competitors as well. A level marketplace helps "the good guys" succeed, there is enough business for everyone as long as we're being honest.

A great example is WiredTree, one of our closest competitors. They also happen to be really great friends of ours, literally every industry event we attend we always end up hanging out with the WiredTree guys. They have great products and support, and I can say that with confidence despite being a direct competitor. We have lots of friends at Rackspace as well, they've been instrumental in moving this industry forward and helped create tiers of service that have helped usher in entirely new markets for small shared hosters and resellers.

It's good to know that friendly competition is still alive and well in hosting.

You are absolutely right. You never know when your competitor may become your client or vice versa :) (it all depends on what your offering etc)

I believe in never saying anything bad about your competition. As a matter of fact, say something good about them if you have something good to share.

Usually the public will make their own judgement. Let your actions speak for themselves.

I'm looking at the crisis as opportunity. Anyone who didn't invested their money wisely or took more risks they can afford in their business would loose. However the all the market change for good I think, including the web hosting.

Yes me too. I would also like to see this recession as a great opportunity to be what i was not. There are so many opportunities now to get into business you always imagined.

Just spent some time at the ServInt.net blog and read a number of your posts, Eric. I was very impressed. And you're right - this industry is still very new and evolving. If you become complacent, your business will suffer. Thinking outside of your business model is important, but your core focus should still be on those products and services that you can deliver in a profitable and stable manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost