Insurance Recommendations

dacsoft

How many of you running an online company actually carry liability insurance? I would like to purchase some liability insurance for my hosting company. Anybody have any recommendations for a company that understand the web and will provide insurance at a reasonable rate?

Hey Dacsoft, the best place to get this kind of insurance is with your current insurer, for example I use one insurer for everything, they insure our automobile, home and business, what can be insured depends on the type of business. When you call your insurer they will spend up to an hour just asking you questions about type of business, equipment used, Whether it is a walk in business, they will discuss various elements with you such as fire, water, earthquake etc. Then they will discuss with you whether you are strictly online or a public access business, Just make sure they are very thorough and you can get great coverage.

Freckled,
Thanks for the information. I will check with them Monday. I didn't even consider them because of the type of business (web), but it is worth a try.

It's always worthwhile with insurance shopping around - but conversly it is also worthwhile sticking with one company, then if they try and screw you over they lose more than one acount, also they'll then see growth with that customer. So you end up with choccy biscuits with your cup of tea rather than the digestives :D