Internationalized domains

JennyK41183

What do you think about the Icann's latest announcement about approval of internationalized domains? Will it effect the existing .com and .net domains? Will it lesser the value of .com domains?

It won't lower the value of .com domains, IMO. It'll simply enable some other countries to have better TLDs in the sense that they use the country's language.

There have been hundreds of new TLDs announced since the original ones (.com, .org, .net), but the value of .com et al have just kept rising.

The domain name containing letters/character of local language would be good for business targeted to a local market but .com will still rule the global market.

I agree. .com is so common and well-known that most people use it as their default when they are typing in urls. While the local language component is nice, it won't stick globally.

Those don't get desired domain name in .com generally consider cctld as alternate option because there is good chance to get good domain name and Google is also becoming more and more local.

In my opinion, internationalized domains will stay in local countries but I'm still with .com since it's already been a universal domain extension, with .org and .net in second place. Most website surfers type a link with .com in their URL browser and a lot of webmasters choose .com as their main website link so I don't think internationalized domains will lesser the value of common domain extensions.

No, I feel that the .com/.net/.org extensions are evergreen.

No amount of .in / .cn domains can beat the age 'ol .com