IPB or VB

I'm not going to vote, I cant bring myself to vote on these things...I've used both of them, and have used them fairly extensively...IPB seems to have a better admin side, whereas vB seems to have a better user-side...It all just comes down to personal preference in my book. Other two things you might want to consider...vB has a larger mod/support community, but IPB has a slightly better pricing scheme ;)

That said, I use vB

I have to say, i like vb more there is no reason for this except of all the features it has

My vote's for vBulletin. Although I haven't really used any of the other ones, it'd be very tough for someone to get me to change from vB to IPB, phpBB, SMF or any of the other ones.

Personally I've used both and they are very similar in features. I don't really care either way since they are both pretty good.

Its got to be VB, IMO it's the most popular forum out of the two, Its also that slightly bit better in terms of the GUI and ease of use.

vBulletin will always win in my opinion. It is nicer, more known software. It is very easy to use, but beautifully laid out, more professional, and the simple fact that it's just vB.

After IPB and its vicious security issues this month, I'd recommend anything over IPB...Exploits and virus' for days, I spent weeks helping my customers that had IPB'c conver to vBulletin because of the exploit...

I myself will always use phpBB, because I believe in teh power of open source software, and for the experienced and patienct user, phpBB is about as limitless as you could want, and the support community is awesome....

After IPB and its vicious security issues this month, I'd recommend anything over IPB...Exploits and virus' for days, I spent weeks helping my customers that had IPB'c conver to vBulletin because of the exploit...

I myself will always use phpBB, because I believe in teh power of open source software, and for the experienced and patienct user, phpBB is about as limitless as you could want, and the support community is awesome....

Ironic, because phpBB is probably the most exploitable forum software out there... it has always been vulnerable to various SQL injection and other exploits. IPB's recent problems are not the norm.

If you have a person in the ACP that knows what he's doing, and doesn't mind installing a few worthwhile hacks, any attempt to exploit phpBB can be thrwarted...In the right hands, it is secure, or as secure as any other BB software, and on top of that, its free...

If you're willing to get your hands dirty, phpBB is an excellent choice of forum...If I had a very large forum, I'd def. go w/vB, but anything other than that I'd stick to phpBB...