Is cpanel/whm best in the control panel

esham

Hi All..

iam using cpanel/whm as my control panel for years.Do any body see any problems in it.I just want to know how other control panels works.

BYE : :cool:

CPanel is a great control panel.

There are bugs however, but it's usually not something the end client has to worry about. Generally it's the server admin that has to deal with the CPanel bugs.

As for the end client, the control panel is extremely easy to use, and seems to be a familiar interface, even when it's their first time using it.

It can be argued however that one is the best, or another is the best, but what it comes down to, just like any other product or service.....what's best for you and your end clients.

Thats wonderfull reply..
but let me know in details abt the bugs that you have referred in CPanel.

Well WHM in particular has some trouble removing reference to local domains and DNS when an account is terminated. This doesn't happen all the time, but does occur.

The same goes for addon, and parked domains through CPanel.

Usually these are fixed by going into httpd.conf and removing the references, but in any case, these are the more serious issues (and they're not extremely serious)

hi..

thanks ..i got it.but for me i have done with parked domains..but nothing error happened.

I have used used Ensim and Plesk before....while Plesk is nice looking, it lacks MANY of the options cpanel does. Exim I loved for the longest time, until i found cpanel and realized you could create SEPERATE databases! I was shocked when i found that out ;-)

I think Cpanel is well established and one of Better if not Best control panels to use for both admins but for your clients. Its very user friendly!

Last edited:
Yes.. I support this view of Cpanel..Since Iam using Cpanel for years and doesnt find nothing wrong in it.
But there is some bugs in WHM.For example ,it is not wise enough to rename the username of a doman thru WHM.It may create problem.

thanks ..i got it.but for me i have done with parked domains..but nothing error happened.

Well again, this is my point. The bugs are very minor, and do not always occur, which is why would recommend CPanel.

wfwh said:
I have used used Exim and Plesk before....while Plesk is nice looking, it lacks MANY of the options cpanel does. Exim I loved for the longest time, until i found cpanel and realized you could create SEPERATE databases! I was shocked when i found that out ;-)

I think Cpanel is well established and one of Better if not Best control panels to use for both admins but for your clients. Its very user friendly!
Exim is mail server software, not a control panel.

As for CPanel being the best (stable/secure/scalable/support/price);
No, it is far from the best.

Production levels at cpanel.net have become laughable - "security" is apparently an optional extra (without any option ;) ) and scalability is lacking.

As for the best, it depends on your needs;
If you need a 'clicky' interface that will 'get you by', then CPanel is a good option. Then there's the bigger options such as H-Sphere. H-Sphere does literally everything, and offers a dual-OS environment (the only CP system to do so).

Simon

From what I saw, those who got to understand H-Sphere became real fans. :)

Its list of features is impressive indeed.

I am still a fan of plesk if you are looking for control panels. Cpanel has the functionality however most of it, the average customer does not use. Plesk is also cheaper and is easier to setup for resellers.

To be honest, I really would rather use base installs with no control panel at all. You can't go wrong if you know how to configure apache, qmail, mysql, and DNS by hand. It gives you a better understanding how it all works anyways.

Just my two cents :)

jason

we have used ensim, plesk, cpanel and webmin.

we by far have the most bugs with cpanel - however it seems to be the most popular for our users.

webmin is of course free - with the least functionality - however it has virtually no bugs.

we by far have the most bugs with cpanel - however it seems to be the most popular for our users.

Yes, exactly. The thing with CPanel is, it's typically a nightmare for the host, but generally not so bad for the client, as they don't experience many of the bugs on their end.

webmin is of course free - with the least functionality - however it has virtually no bugs.

heh, I think you've just described "cause and effect" :D

esham said:
Hi All..

iam using cpanel/whm as my control panel for years.Do any body see any problems in it.I just want to know how other control panels works.

BYE : :cool:
I wouldn't call it the "best" I am sure there are other great control panels out there that I have never heard of nor seen.

Recently I found somany bugs in cpanel like in PHPMyAdmin and MySQL Issues.But as far as user friendly is concerned,Cpanel is best

Cpanel is definitely the easiest to use. User friendly is the 2nd feature on it only to the range of options available! It can do point-and-click for many very complicated server functions, which make it very useful for more novice clients.

Cheers,
Chris