Is it a good webhost?

nightcrawler

Hello,

I am new in this forum, I need to know is it a good webhost? any reviews and feedback about it? 1dollar-webhosting.com

P.S: I have no connection with this website and I don't know whether is it a appropriate place to ask this. Thanks

It is totally appropriate to ask for feedback if you have no relationship to the company.

While I do not have direct experience with this company, I did a quick search on them.

Their copyright notice says they've been in business since 2005. A quick whois check says the domain was registered in July 2006. Archive.org's first record for the company is in May 2007.

Their pricing provides for major overselling. They have to pack clients in larger numbers per machine just to be able to pay for it (even if they are earning something off $0.50/mo plan after merchant transaction fees are deducted from them). They might end up with too many customers, too few resources to help them and the overall service quality is going down. Its a classic scenario, but I am not saying this is what is happening with this particular company.

They also have an unlimited plan. Unlimited is a known lie (have you ever seen an unlimited hard drive?) and they choose to lie to their customers, so what does that tell you?

I would highly suggest searching the web for "company-name review", "company-name feedback" to get some insight into what other customers might be saying. Keep in mind that a lot of companies have negative reviews from time to time (customers tend to only complain and not praise in their majority), so you have to filter through all reviews to get a feeling for what the service is like and how the company is dealing with problems that arise.

Hi

Thank you for telling the detail review, actually looking hosting for my blog which is cheap and I have Money bookers only. What do you suggest should I try them or not I have read a very bad review about them..

Whether you try them depends on how much value you place on your site. Based on their pricing, their servers are most likely oversold, resulting in reduced performance. The unlimited space and bandwidth feature is "advertising" only - no such feature exists. What concerns me is that they don't post a TOS, AUP or Privacy Policy online - at least not that I could find.

Eh, unlimited hosting for $3.00 just doesn't seem reasonable to me. I personally don't like the idea of unlimited hosting because there is no such thing as unlimited especially when it that cheap.

For what I've read, a company that offers 'unlimited' HDD space (as an example) keeps track of the available space on the server and if it's running low, they add a new hard drive.

When you buy hosting with unlimited bandwidth, you can probably use up to so much, and if you go over their limit they'll start investigating just *why* a person would need that much. If they don't like what they see, they might not even give you a warning but just close your account.

Personally I don't trust it. I read unlimited as "as much as the company is willing to let you have". There's always a limit, ALWAYS.

I can understand that logic for a host who charges over $10/month, but for $3 that seems illogical. That would barely bring a host profit after fees and such.

For what I've read, a company that offers 'unlimited' HDD space (as an example) keeps track of the available space on the server and if it's running low, they add a new hard drive.

Indeed, that would be the theory. The reality is rather different. The host has a server configuration in mind. They come up with a number of customers paying an average of $X per month that can cover the hardware and support costs and yield y% profit. May that number be 200 customers. Then the server, must, at all times have about 200 customers on it, as it is (hardware wise). If a customer's usage puts that in danger of not being sustainable/achievable, he's not profitable and must be convinced to upgrade or leave.

How is that determined? Space is running out. Who are the users that consume the most? We find a reason to suspend their accounts. If we don't have a reason in the TOS now, we add it to the it (too many inodes, hosting mp3 files, running an image hosting site etc.). Often times it'll just come down to "resources abuse, no discussions". The host retains the right to suspend or terminate accounts. End of story.

The practice of adding hard disks to a server in order to fulfill the never ending needs of some customers is more of a myth.

What was true yesterday will be true tomorrow.... You get what you pay for! That's not to say that you need something expensive, but just expect your performance to run parallel with your costs - Not that every high dollar product is going to be par either!!!!!

I can understand that logic for a host who charges over $10/month, but for $3 that seems illogical. That would barely bring a host profit after fees and such.

Probably why hosting companies go out of business by the boat load! Finding a way to maintain margins, offer a quality product, and retain clientele!

And yet, we see some rather large providers offering unlimited space and bandwidth, or unbelievably cheap hosting - while continuing to grow exponentially.

And yet, we see some rather large providers offering unlimited space and bandwidth, or unbelievably cheap hosting - while continuing to grow exponentially.

Growth doesn't always mean profit, I still see large companies going under because of deals that were too good. There are companies that are too greedy and companies that are too cheap, people need to see this and companies need to find a good balance.

Good web host should have below mentioned qualities:

-> Free setup on initial stage
-> 24X7 fast professional support
-> Latest hardware configuration of server
-> 99.99% network SLA
-> 100% uptime guarantee
-> Excellent availability and security of your hardware

I have read only one bad comment about this hosting, but really in 1$ what can we expect from them, same I was reading views about santrex.net it is worst web host!

Best way to start with a host you don't know is to contact them via chat, email, or phone. And start to ask questions for example what does unlimited mean or what kind of servers do they use? Do they have any downtime / uptime records?

Hi,

I have never heard of this web host. There are many other reputable web hosting companies that provide good service at affordable price. Before you sign up, look for a discount coupon code.

Hello,

I am new in this forum, I need to know is it a good webhost? any reviews and feedback about it? 1dollar-webhosting.com

P.S: I have no connection with this website and I don't know whether is it a appropriate place to ask this. Thanks

Why did'nt you describe the features here?