Is There A Market For This?

Nightly

Is there a market for software that is knowledge based? Some people say it's a core feature while others say it is, or can be, a "stand alone" software.

Is there a market for software that is knowledge based? Some people say it's a core feature while others say it is, or can be, a "stand alone" software.
We're going to need much more info than what you've given us here for us to make any informed recommendations. Are you referring to something like they offer at KBSI? :confused:

I think there is a market for knowledgebase software. I know from our experience that we weren't very happy with the solutions we had available to us so we came up with a creative/custom solution via our CMS.

Yes, Knowledge base forms a very vital part of any company and can be created as a standalone software for a company. It actually depends on the growth of that particular company, but yes it's a core part of any company. Knowledge base grows along with the company growth.

Knowledgebase software is very important. The built-in WHMCS knowledgebase barely gets the job done.

But knowledgebases are so incredibly important. They cut down on support queues (if users use them), and they work for technical support agents to send directions to users who neglect to read them. If they have these effects (and they do), then why wouldn't there be a market for good KB software?

I don't know if you've started to look at companies that have good knowledgebases (just to begin modeling your product), but I'd recommend you check out MediaTemple. Theirs has a very effective mechanism for navigation, and it looks (to me) custom coded. http://kb.mediatemple.net/

The built-in WHMCS knowledgebase barely gets the job done.

that is because the Built in WHMCS KB is only the base for you to add KB articles, so the coding etc is done and integrated, all you need to do is add the articles using the editor. Thier are some KB addons available that will fill in articles for you.

I am amazed at how many that use WHMCS and when you click on their KB it is empty, if its empty it does not give a good impression on your company.

that is because the Built in WHMCS KB is only the base for you to add KB articles, so the coding etc is done and integrated, all you need to do is add the articles using the editor. Thier are some KB addons available that will fill in articles for you.

I am amazed at how many that use WHMCS and when you click on their KB it is empty, if its empty it does not give a good impression on your company.

The reason that I say that the WHMCS KB barely gets the done is because it has a really bad text editor, doesn't have a very good search function. It doesn't have features like "Featured Articles" or anything like that. I don't like the WHMCS KB, but I ironically use it

Last edited:
The reason that I say that the WHMCS KB barely gets the done is because it has a really bad text editor, doesn't have a very good search function. It doesn't have features like "Featured Articles" or anything like that. I don't like the WHMCS KB, but I ironically use it

their will always be parts of WHMCS or any software that some people dont like.

My main bugbear with WHMCS is that when you submit any support to WHMCS they always blame it as a user issue. Its like to WHMCS staff WHMCS is 100% perfect.

By their KB does the job its intended too ans i have no complaints about it nor do any of my clients who use it.

A KB is really nothing more than a Wiki.
I like to use Screwturn on Windows. There's several for Linux.

I think there is a market for most anything. You can guarantee that someone somewhere wants what you have to offer for one reason or another. In this case, knowledgebase software would be widely used. As some have already pointed out, built in KB software to existing products are not feature rich and may not stack up to the job. Plan it well, give it lots of features and integrations, advertise and you will have plenty of interest for sure.

Remember even if there isn't a market you can make one, If its a really good product people will follow your steps

Do your research before you get into anything. if you are about to create it for your own purposes and also planning to sell it, go for it. But if you are going to be creating it just to sell, you might want to contact some possible buyers and get their opinions.