IsMyWebsite Free Hosting Concept

azoundria

Greetings Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that I will be launching IsMyWebsite as a partnership with EvenHosting sometime in the next few months. The goal of this post is to gather opinions on a few proposed concepts and general site suggestions. The following concepts form the foundation for which IsMyWebsite is built upon:

1) Full Ad Customization
Many free hosts force ads upon their webmasters - often in ways which interfere with the webmaster’s chosen page design. Not only does this annoy webmasters - it also reduces the number of visitors who visit these pages. With IsMyWebsite webmasters get to place their own ads - and even share in the profits their site makes.

2) Professional Tools
The more successful your site is, the more successful our host becomes. So why should you be limited to more basic tools? We provide our webmasters with all the tools they need and even add more as required.

3) IsMyWebsite Process
This idea is completely unique to our host - specifically designed to guide, encourage, and assist webmasters as they develop their website. Basically, there are 4 stages to building a website - planning, improving, expanding, and optimizing. As a webmaster advances between the account types they gain access to more features and resources.

4) Advisors
An advisor is a more experienced webmaster who knows many of the skills needed to design and grow a website effectively. Webmasters who join the host are partnered to an advisor who answers their questions and helps them out. Advisors receive a small share of the profits from sites they help - thus also encouraging them.

<<MOD NOTE: URL removed>>

Any thoughts?

azoundria said:
Greetings Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that I will be launching IsMyWebsite as a partnership with EvenHosting sometime in the next few months. The goal of this post is to gather opinions on a few proposed concepts and general site suggestions. The following concepts form the foundation for which IsMyWebsite is built upon:

1) Full Ad Customization
Many free hosts force ads upon their webmasters - often in ways which interfere with the webmaster’s chosen page design. Not only does this annoy webmasters - it also reduces the number of visitors who visit these pages. With IsMyWebsite webmasters get to place their own ads - and even share in the profits their site makes.

2) Professional Tools
The more successful your site is, the more successful our host becomes. So why should you be limited to more basic tools? We provide our webmasters with all the tools they need and even add more as required.

3) IsMyWebsite Process
This idea is completely unique to our host - specifically designed to guide, encourage, and assist webmasters as they develop their website. Basically, there are 4 stages to building a website - planning, improving, expanding, and optimizing. As a webmaster advances between the account types they gain access to more features and resources.

4) Advisors
An advisor is a more experienced webmaster who knows many of the skills needed to design and grow a website effectively. Webmasters who join the host are partnered to an advisor who answers their questions and helps them out. Advisors receive a small share of the profits from sites they help - thus also encouraging them.

<<MOD NOTE: URL removed>>

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a good idea, but very complicated. How much staff is involved in this project? I'd think it's a 10,XXX budget project. All the scripting, staff members and advertising.

I've got a deal with Evenhosting to provide the hosting - and basics setup I need. They also have some code to set up free hosting which I just need to play around with. Advertising is not that hard to set up. And I already have a few people who are looking to become Advisors - even though I haven't directly asked yet.

Where is the huge cost?

azoundria said:
Where is the huge cost?
I think big costs with free hosting companies will mostly be associated with:
- server costs;
- staff to help weed-out spammers, phishers, and others involved in illegal activities;

Best,

As I mentioned, the server is already set up for me and hosting as part of a deal I arranged. Also, I have found advisors to help without even asking the specifica question. So my only cost so far is time.