Linux server admin looking for work!

drown

Hello, Im Amy And Im Looking For Some Dealing With Linux Servers.. Below i Listed What I Can Do And What My Fileds Are:

Linux O/S:
Redhat And Fedora And Freebsd
Control Panels: cPanel/HM,Directadmin.HSphere,Plesk,Webmin,Usermin,Vituralmin
Billing Systems:
Modernbill, Perlbill

I Can Do Alot More To To Much To List..

I Can Set Up A Linux Server And Make Sure Thats Its Done The Right Way And Not The Wrong Way Please Contact Me if You Need Help Thanks

~Amy~
Aim: lnxhstng
Yahoo: segdirbhosting
Msn: amy12341@hotmail.com
E-Mail: amy12341@hotmail.com

Great. Once you have that done, if you could shoot me over a copy that would be great.

We currently have a sys admin for our servers, but we're always looking to hire additional techs, and sys admins for dedicated servers.

The problem is, for a company to hire you legally, we would need to have a legal employment application, and resume on file.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the position of a "server/system administrator" requires the person to be physically right there close to the server? Is it possible to administer the server being far away from it?

I'm a bit confused with what Amy is looking for precisely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the position of a "server/system administrator" requires the person to be physically right there close to the server? Is it possible to administer the server being far away from it?

I'm a bit confused with what Amy is looking for precisely.

Generally speaking, a server admin requires hands on involvement, as it involves hardware & software maint. Where as a "system" admin is primarily software maint., etc.. and can be done remotely.

I believe Amy is referring to what most of us call "System" admin. I could be wrong however as to what she means exactly.

Got it. So: server admin cannot be done remotely (hardware & software), system admin can be done remotely (software).

Amy, which one of the two do you think you are looking for?

I don't want to be difficult, but one as thew term describes, requires you to relocate, while the other does not.

Afterall, you cannot work on hardware, from a distance.

Okay, then it is a System Admin position you're after, where you will be able to work on server software, from your location.