Live Chat Software

CS New Media

Hello all :)

I am looking for some 'cheapish' Live Chat software for 2 operators.

I would like to be able to:

• Have online/offline images to show when a support agent is available
  • Operator Client Software

Any recommendations? What do you guy's use?

Thanks In Advance

Carl :)

Is there a way to just install the Live Chat rather than the oSticket?

When I have uploaded all the files i go to run the installer I get:

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory 'C:/Domains' in C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1115

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file 'C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\..\compile\%%196\%%1964540384\436e580e31d2c' in C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1115

Warning: fetch(C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\..\compile\%%196\%%1964540384\setup.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1279

Warning: fetch(C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\..\compile\%%196\%%1964540384\setup.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1279

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening 'C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\..\compile\%%196\%%1964540384\setup.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Domains\csnewmedia.co.uk\wwwroot\chat\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1279

:(

I know some hosts that use phplivesupport.com and the program works fine however I do not reccomend a hosting company to use Live Chat. It is definitely better to focus on answering promptly on suppor tickets and to offer phone support.

OS ticket is a nice professional way to handle things, BUT having a IM account can be a very nice way to persuade customers. I would definitly trust a host more if I could casually talk to the owner/employee.

We use the OSI live chat, we have tried the xencoders which is nice as it offers the remote control. It was buggy and cost a lot more than the PHP live chat by OSI and is web based

I would suggest clickchatsold.com which is cheaper compared to others and it's very good for sites which get less than 500 chats per day. If you get more than 500 chats per day then you should go for Liveperson or HelpCenterLive.

I have used livehelp and phplive both work fine but livehelp offers a windows application to manage chat sessions not sure if phplive does yet... not checked in a while.

My vote also goes to Kayako's SupportSuite Software. It's pretty, reliable, and works amazingly for both the customer, and the webhost. It's been my favorite over StarDevelop, and phpchat and stuff like that. You get what you pay for, and in the hosting business there are thousands of other companies, so great first impressions are a must. Goodluck.

Regards, Anthony Bush.