Local hosting(Malaysia) VS Oversea Hosting

Inspiron82

Hello All,

Hope can get someone opinion for this topic,

Is there any difference hosted in our own country data center and oversea data center. Where I should host if I want to start my company website/blog/forum?

:smash:

Either location would likely be fine, the further you are from the datacenter the more latent the connection is going to be but this usually isn't an issue as long as you're not offering a service that requires low latency such as a game server or VOIP services.

I think it comes down to who your visitors are.

If you cater toward a home crowd, then hosting locally can be a better idea since, as Mike mentioned above, the connection is better.

If you have an English-based website and your audience is worldwide, then I would go with an overseas server.

Artashes hit the nail on the head.
You would want to be geographically closer to your targeted audience (less hops/routes) to avoid.

The fewer the amount of hops and the shorter the distance the faster overall your web site will feel. If your audience is local then local could be good - I'm not sure what hosting costs in Malaysia compared to overseas. On another forum I remember you posting about maybe getting hosting in Singapore which I think would be acceptable as well.