Looking for a good hosting company

usekar

There has been a lot of discussions over here and sure enough a lot of good hosting companies have been named. But, I find it difficult to identify one with my specific requirements. So, instead of asking for a list, let me name what I want in a hosting company and see who can provide their best experiences.

- Economic and reliable hosting
- Access to support
- Lot of bandwidth and support for PHP (so that I can run scripts for PHPBB etc.,)
- Good response and uptime.

I was earlier with Ripplehosting and was paying less than 20$ a year. Apart from support issues, it was decent, but offlate their support has gone terrible and so I am moving out. Tried Mango-hosting and they were terrible. So, for my budding business any economy sized reliable hosting would be good.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time on this.

You are right in that support is a very important factor in your decision making. That's why I'd simply advise you to test the support of hosts your considering signing up with.

As far as reliable hosting goes, I would personally opt for a non-overselling host, so that your account won't get disabled should you get a boost in traffic.

Some hosts have more support for PHP than others, in that they have more than 1 version of it available.

Last edited:
BTW, what is your current budget? Because if you're looking hosting again at 20$/year, you may face similar problem. :rolleyes2

I can say ***********.com is a company that may meet all your reqquirements. They have affordable prices and are extremely reliable. Their ten years' experience tells for itself.

With less than $20 for a year, it will be hard to really meet all of your requirements:
- Economic and reliable hosting
- Access to support
- Lot of bandwidth and support for PHP (so that I can run scripts for PHPBB etc.,)
- Good response and uptime.

Maybe you should increase your budget a little to really get what you need :)

I agree that 24/7 support is important as you may need it for urgent case and it is true that you should test them first before you sign up :)

I am sure that **********.com could be suitable for starting this kind of business. Its support team is very attentive to the clients and this company offers 99.99% network uptime guarantee and according to their feedbacks you will have a great volume of bandwidth and disk space at affordable price.

Contiloop, thanks for warms ;), but better to understand howmuch bandwidth is needed to say if we can affort that or not...

How much bandwidth does a lot mean? A specific number or ball park figure would help in finding somewhere for you.

Can recommend you hosting from webhostgiant.com, inmotionhosting.com, globaltap.com and lunarpages.com.
From those companies you will find the package plan that will be fit your demanding needs.
The companies have been in the web hosting industry for a fair while and their reputation is good.

Can recommend you hosting from webhostgiant.com, inmotionhosting.com, globaltap.com and lunarpages.com.
From those companies you will find the package plan that will be fit your demanding needs.
The companies have been in the web hosting industry for a fair while and their reputation is good.

agree on that!
One of those should be a reasonable choice for you.

Increase your budget by a little more and i am sure you will find one that you like. Also keep looking for special offers etc.

Good luck

If there is still any need I would recommend you a company to look up. Ayksolutions.com - reliable and has special cheap offers for your requirements.

I think they might suit you well.

Good luck!

yes you are right ! one has to do their homework before acquiring a company that is suitable for you. have you checked out www.safehosting.com/. You should have a gander and tell what you think.
I'm looking for VPS and i'm still undecided whether to go with the co. above or another one. :)

well one can get the best hosting only by verifying the hosting provider ,

We need to verify with the previous customers of the hosting provider, the way he solves the issues, speed of bandwidth etc.