Looking for a low-cost host for a small site

ritz

We are looking for a hosting plan with low price and good services. We are a small site, so don't need much resources (no forums, no need for database, etc). We are looking for a host that offers their plans in proportion to its cost and provides what they sell - not one that oversells.

Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

I would like to highlight that the member is looking for suggestions. NO advertising is allowed, publicly or through any mean: PM, Email, etc. Users who become aware of such soliciting behavior, should report the violator to moderators of this forum.

ritz, if you are interested in receiving custom offers from web hosting companies that are members at HostingDiscussion.com, in addition to suggestions, you can post your requirements in our Web Hosting Requests forum. Keep in mind that it would help if you can state actual limitations on what you are looking for. For example, from your post, I can only guess that you are looking for: 100 MB space, up to 5 GB traffic, $3-5/month.

Best,

Thank you, and no, I don't want offers from hosting companies right now. What I'm asking for is suggestions from customers who have experience (but are not connected) with the companies they suggest.

Your guess is right on: 50-100 MB space, up to 5 GB traffic, up to $5/month.

Above all, we want good service (uptime, speed, and especially customer service).

Thanks.

ritz, I can recommend you to start your shopping experience by visiting this site: http://whreviews.com
It is being managed by one of our moderators, and it reflects on some companies that have established a long term presence with mostly positive comments and reviews toward them. Some of them on the list are:

DownTownHost
HostNexus
HTTPme
Servint
EnhancedHost
BlueWho
LunarPages
Pair
Weberz
JVDS&VPScolo
Dathorn
UnitedHosting
HostingMatters
Clook
Idologic
HostGator
FluidHosting

Best,

What?? whreviews is actually a web host review site I can have some trust in? I thought Id never find one! Thanks Artashes , I had almost given up
--Terry

Artashes said:
ritz, I can recommend you to start your shopping experience by visiting this site: http://whreviews.com
It is being managed by one of our moderators, and it reflects on some companies that have established a long term presence with mostly positive comments and reviews toward them. ..........

Best,

MOD NOTE: Post edited for content. 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

We rely on your further cooperation.

I heard that Lunar Pages has good service but their pricing might be high.
For low cost hosting I recommend you www.agorahosting.com

Last edited: