Looking for a low-cost host that allows PHP, CGI, is reliable, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

balzak

Looking for a reliable host with these minimum features.

- 50MB of space
- 5GB of bandwidth
- PHP, CGI and possibly ASP
- RELIABLE!
- POP3/SMTP that can handle up to hundreds of ingoing/outgoing e-mails in a day with no problems, such as a monthly newsletter or something, along with considerable e-mailing on a regular basis
- Autoresponder E-mail with no limit
- LOW COST! Around $5/month would be great. Will pay more, up to around $10 maybe if it has everything (maybe some more space/bandwidth atleast) as long as it is reliable. There seems to be many host that supposedly offer all of this, but how am I supposed to know they are reliable?

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Is that 5GB of bandwidth calculated to handle those hundreds of ingoing/outgoing emails a day? Even if it isn't, we have two plans: one just under that bandwidth requirement, and one that's 3.5 GB over. The Living Media's Windows-Emerald plan looks like it would be a good fit:

http://www.thelivingmedia.com/business/services/windows_plan_detail_2/
275 MB space
8.5 GB bandwidth
PHP, Perl (CGI), ASP
Windows 2003 hosting
SQL and MySQL databases
POP3
$13.95 a month

If ASP isn't a solid requirement, our Linux-Emerald plan gives you the same amount of disk space and bandwidth for a lower monthly fee:
http://www.thelivingmedia.com/business/services/linux_plan_detail_2/
275 MB disk space
8.5 GB bandwidth
PHP and Perl (CGI)
$11.45 a month

You can also check out our Amethyst plans (4 GB of bandwidth each) if you prefer a lower the monthly price. There is a discount for longer contracts, but we also give pro-rated refunds: if you sign up for a year, and decide to cancel at month 7, you get months 8-12 refunded to you.

We are highly reliable (99.873% uptime for all of 2005, according to Alertra), and our clients are very satisfied with our support and service.

SataServers.com

MOD NOTE: Offer not matched. The user asked for 5 GB, not 20 GB.
Please try to match the request with a custom quote.

We rely on your further cooperation.

MOD NOTE: Offer not matched. The user asked for 5 GB, not 50 GB.

Balzak,

We cannot offer ASP, but as you requested, possibly ASP this quote is going off the option without it.

We can offer you a custom quote at your 50MB of space, and 5GB of transfer/month with PHP and CGI, POP3/SMTP for merely $4.95/month.

Now, if you care to upgrade by only $3 more per month $7.95/month total) we can offer you something a bit more reasonable, and still within your requested budget of under $10. 1GB storage, 20GB monthly transfer.

We've been in business for a little over 3 years now, we perform a daily backup of all files on the servers free of charge, and there are no setup fees with your account.

As long as the E-mailing you're intending to do will be to subscribers that opted in, we won't have any problems with your E-mails.

If you are interested contact me personally. You will not find either of the two plans on our current website. We will be relaunching with the $7.95/month package in the coming months.

Thank you for your time and have a great afternoon!

Balzak,

Country-Tyme can offer you a custom plan (50MB space, 5GB transfer) for $4.99US/month. ASP is not available. PHP, CGI, POP3/SMTP and Autoresponders included. We have no setup fees, and offer a 30day moneyback guarantee.

Support through helpdesk (online ticket support), telephone support during regular business hours and/or email.

Our uptime is currently 99.94%.

Email will be no problem as long as subscribers have opted in for your mailings.

If interested, please contact me directly as this is a custom plan.

MOD NOTE: Offer not matched. The user asked for 5 GB, not 50 GB.

Well this doesnt really make much sense, I know it is a rule, but the OP said a minimum, so I personally dont see what is wrong with offering more :S

Anyway. :)
If you would like us to make you a custom quote email us at advertise {at} need-space.co.uk we'd be happy to help :)

nsuk said:
If you would like us to make you a custom quote email us at advertise {at} need-space.co.uk we'd be happy to help :)
Since you know the rules, please be advised that all offers shall be made public. if you have a custom offer to make, please make so in this thread. Thank you.
SataServers said:
yah thats true i offered more as he/she said minimum whats wrong with that?
When a user is asking for the bandwidth to be in the neighborhood of 5 GB, that does not mean 4 or 10 times more. Please submit a ticket through our helpdesk should you require more information.

Or refer to the Web Hosting Requests rules page:
http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-hosting-requests/790-hosting-requests-rules-for-hosts.html

Best,

MOD NOTE: Offer not matched. Please try to match the request with a custom quote. We rely on your further cooperation.

Hi balzak,

TJR Networks can offer you 100MB of space and 5GB transfer per month for US$14.99 annually (though I would recommend our Beginner package with 250MB of space and 10GB transfer at US$29.99 annually if your budget allows). Our packages include PHP and mySQL support, CPanel with RVSkins, Fantastico, Spam Assassin and more. All of our hosting plans now include a 99.9% uptime guarantee and a 15 day no questions asked money back guarantee.

If you have any queries about this offer, please feel free to contact us via PM, email or post a message in the 'Pre-Sales Questions' section of our support forums. :)

Please note: Perl and ASP are not supported on any of our hosting packages.

Hello,

This is what I can do for you

• 50 MB Space
  • 5 GB Bandwidth
  • Unlimited E-Mail
  • Unlimited MySQL Databases
  • Unlimited Subdomains
  • CPanel/WHM
  • All the Goodies (PHP, CGI, GD, etc.)
  • Fantastico
  • Daily Backups
  • 99.9 % UpTime Guarantee
  • 24/7 Support
  • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
  • $1/month or $10/year

We are very reliable, 99.9% + uptime or above on average. Simply Email me: jim@justyourhosting.com or AIM: Jim at Just Your if you wish to proceed or have any questions!

http://justyourhosting.com

Regards,
Jim Schultz,
Administrator
justyourhosting, LLC

Littles Web Hosting is pleased to offer you the following:

1 GB Space
10 GB Bandwidth
php, perl, cgi-bin
unlimited POP3/SMTP email accounts
Autoresponder
unlimited domains, subdomains
unlimited mySQL, ftp
CPanel with Fantastico
$3 per month

If you would like us to price a smaller plan, please email us at: admin{at}littleswebhosting.com

Comes with free 7 day trial!

Thanks, Kyle

http://LittlesWebHosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.