Looking For New Hosting Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malachi

We're currently hosted at Technosys.ca, but it has been down for around a week now and it is costing our site a ton of hits. The server is great when it's actually up, minus a few little problems here and there...sever just goes down without any warning. So, yet again, I'm looking for hosting for us. Here's what we have right now:

-$10 a month on a semi-annual plan
-10GB Webspace
-10GB Bandwidth
-PHP, CGI, And support for all file types
-Unlimited MySQL Databases
-Unlimited E-mail accounts
-Unlimited Subdomains / FTP Accounts
-Cpanel7 / WHM
-99.5% Uptime (*scoff*)

We already have our own .NET address, so we don't need another. If anybody can match that or go higher without going over $12 a month, then we'll highly consider it, because where we're at now just isn't helping us.

@RobM:
Move to where? Without another plan that fits our needs, it would be a pointless waste of money.

@Olternit:
If that was true, we wouldn't be hosted where we are now, the plan wouldn't exist.

@Future Posters in this topic:
Please don't post if you're not interested in providing. If I can't find someone interested, then I'll keep looking for what fits our needs. Simple as that.

I don't think it's that people aren't interested in providing.. but rather that it might be unrealistic to expect any sort of quality in your service when requesting stats like that.

Good luck with your search!

Ryan

Thanx, but three people have already matched it, so all we're waiting on now is a couple days for our current host to come back up. If they don't, we're simply leaving and getting hosted at one of them. ^_^

@Artashes:
It was promised that I would get 99.5% uptime with that plan, I don't see why they would tell me that if it was going to go down every so often. I tried to contact him on here, but he hasn't logged in for awhile now. We're going to wait until the 14th before we move since the server has been down since the 4th, that's more than enough time...we can't afford to be down any longer, even his site (Technosys) is down.

Thanx though, but I have tried to reach him in every way we know how, we even called but there was no answer. From a professional stand-point, we don't want to wait any longer or our traffic flow will decrease quite a bit. :(

The way I see it - 2-3 days of downtime is too much, I don't know why you're still waiting while you lose business and potential loyal visitors. I don't think you should wait any longer. But that is just my personal view of this.

Actually, we've got a second server, only a 400mb one, but it serves as a way-point so we don't lose any loyal visitors. We only lose the people that don't know about that way point, but that sometimes equals out to be around 1000 uniques. Even with that taken off, we've still got about four times it. We're just waiting until then because we don't want to loose anymore than we need to.

Malachi

Good luck with who ever you choose and let us know as I am interested to know who gives out 10/10 for 10 bucks....

I never seen anything that low.....

But I will say I think the other company may be gone as I ran there IP number and they seem to be gone from register... thats not a good sign if they closed up and never told there customer.

Thanx ^_^

...And They had better give a refund, my art director paid us up until Feb. 5th, and they ran out on us a month early. They violated their own terms of service, we deserve something back. :(

Btw, if the hosting goes great, I'll drop you a link ^_^ Wouldn't want you ending up like we are now, hostless.

MOD NOTE: Post deleted. Offering unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth is wrong and against the rules.

Please refer to Hosting Requests rules (As well as general forum rules) for more information.

Last edited:
Just to finalize this topic, I have signed Audio Dragon on with AnoxHosting. Please close this topic if you're a moderator. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.