Lunarpages = A+

Link

Name and URL of hosting company: Lunarpages (www.Lunarpages.com)
Hosted URL(s): www.theslackerslounge.com
Description of service(s) used: Basic hosting.
How long have you been using the service(s): 9 Months.
Detailed review: I have had a wonderfull experience with the customer support here. 99% uptime has kept its promise.
Pros: Lots of space and bandwidth. Good customer support.
Cons: It has gone down some times, but i think that was only because they were updating php versions.
Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I've been hosted by LunarPages for around 18 months and I haven't had a problem yet. I also have the Basic Plan: the plan that when I first bought it, was at 40Gb bandwidth and up to 5000MB space. Now, after several upgrades on their part, my limits are 800Gb and 35,000MB space. Also, only 1 MySQL database was allowed at the start--now they're unlimited. And if I'm right, it's a dollar cheaper per month than back when I first bought the deal.

The sites they host for me are www.bobsnox.com, www.shannaraforums.com (and .net is parked), and www.louisebuhrmannmd.org (the site I built for my mom's boss).

So, yes, LunarPages is good.

Link said:
Name and URL of hosting company: Lunarpages (www.Lunarpages.com)
Hosted URL(s): www.theslackerslounge.com
Description of service(s) used: Basic hosting.
How long have you been using the service(s): 9 Months.
Detailed review: I have had a wonderfull experience with the customer support here. 99% uptime has kept its promise.
Pros: Lots of space and bandwidth. Good customer support.
Cons: It has gone down some times, but i think that was only because they were updating php versions.
Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes.
Do they have the latest php version?

I know they do, but off the top of my head, I don't know for how much.

And I just looked and couldn't find it. But yes, they backup.

Hands down

Lunarpages is hands down one good hosting provider. I personally have dealt with the manager of LP direct and he was the most honest, helpful and professional employee of any hosting company I have ever dealt with! There's lots of great hosts out there, but Lunar does stand out for their down to earth customer support and superb services.

ok

Yup I have been hearing some good and bad stuff about lunar pages. Although I wanted to try it out i was a bit short with the budget. I hope the price is worth it.

ldcdc said:
Are/were you hosted by them?

i signup lunarpages a month back.
and the site is running now.
so far... there is no major issue or downtime.

the server speed is average. not that fast.
an average hosting provider.

charlesgan said:
i signup lunarpages a month back.
and the site is running now.
so far... there is no major issue or downtime.

the server speed is average. not that fast.
an average hosting provider.
Thanks for the review. Did you test their support as well?

Good to hear, was considering them and still am. Thanks for the review, now just need to find some more.

Lunarpages are in business since 1998 and have very good reputation around many web hosting forums. This is very good reason to put them on your list if you are looking for web host - especially in web hosting industry is very hard to keep good reputation. Some downtime can be caused very easily (hardware problem, problem in datacenter) and many customers start to post negative reviews. So if you can find company which has so good reputation after 10 years in business there is big chance that you will also like it.

especially in web hosting industry is very hard to keep good reputation.

True, as you get bigger the bad reviews get lots of publicity! I guess the same is happening with LP too. Now a days, lots of people complain that Lunarpages today is not the same company it used to be.