Management

mc303m

hi guys maybe i didnt make myself clear on a previous topic so here goes, currently i have web sites that i admin through c/panel 9 which i have done for two years, now if i got a dedicated sever say from sm or manage and i requested c/panel with my package is everything the same as my virtual admin skills, ie, creating folders, uploading through ftp, creating addon/subdomains. pop3 acounts/ password protected folders, etc

It is all essentially the same. You will have more features in your WHM panel for setting up resellers etc.

Yes, Cpanel is Cpanel. You could even restore your backups from your current host on your dedicated server. It may make setup a little easier.

Last edited:
Cpanel lets you run your business without even having to know anything about your operating system BUT you will definetly want to learn more about the OS you are purchasing in case CPanel cannot do it for you (IE Bugs and such) but everything will be the same with even more features added.

Everything, for the most part is very similar. You shouldn't have a problem navigating through and getting what you need done.

However, as I am sure you probably know, there is more to running a server in terms of security and such. Just make certain that your management includes real management (as for example SM's basic doesn't cover everything) so that you won't fall victim to problems that could have been avoided.