Marketing You Web Hosting Business On A Shoe String Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your website you claim to have 20 thousand+ customers.
Why the shoestring budget?

Well, this is a hosting related site after all.

Perhaps you could list some of the sites you are referring to so people can make more targeted responses.

With 20k+ paying hosting clients clearly you have already mastered marketing in this particular field.

WOW! 20k customers would definitely pay the advertising bills no problem. :p

What are your current marketing tactics? How did you achieve such a significant client base? Do you advertise in any hosting related forums at all?

Also, you could always advertise here in HD. :)

I have to admit the 20,000 + customers was added by web designer. That was a template he designed and put there. I removed it. It does sound good though. But we arent that good. YET I should add. LOL

I have several different websites that I market on various budgets, and different ventures.

I still do have other websites that I market as well. I actually had to go look and see the 20,000+ customers for my self. I knew it was there, but I guess I didnt pay any attention to it. I definately do not want to advertise something that is not true. :help: :)

find bloggs that got more subscribers related to your hosting niche, and purchase some ad spots or newletter promotion, you can get it cheap if you have strong negotiation skills, giving them affiliate offers will make them promote your service.

Explain the unlimited space/bandwidth offer then. :uhh:

What would need to be explained about it? Did you sign up for service and find out that it wasnt true? I dont remember your name on my client list. Of course we are always looking for new customers. (TIC) :D

What would need to be explained about it? Did you sign up for service and find out that it wasnt true? I dont remember your name on my client list.

So I have the right to ask about your specific service/technology that allows you to deliver unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space ONLY after I give you the money?

What would need to be explained about it? Did you sign up for service and find out that it wasnt true? I dont remember your name on my client list. Of course we are always looking for new customers. (TIC) :D

I believe that what he is suggesting is that offering unlimited services is a lie.

He is right.
The biggest lie and the most dishonest tactic in the hosting industry.

Why on earth would any person what to sign up with a services that lies to gain clients?

Hello jmatos:

I was attracted to this post in the hopes to get some tips on how to promote our business. But, there is nothing here of real value. :disagree:

Clearly, claiming "unlimited" anything is not the way to "fatten you daddy".

In the long run, the customers you have attracted with those claims will leave you.

I would suggest for you to go back and re-think your marketing strategy, see where your REAL strong points are, and concentrate on promoting those.

Hopefully you'll find areas where you out-stand above other competitors. This is much better than making absurd and untruthful claims.

Marketing on a shoe string? Yes, I think is possible, but definitely not with the tactics your are using on your website.:(

Just my :twocents:

Possibly.
But what it usually ends up being is a free for all of people signing up to forums to spam their new URL thinking they are going to get rich with no investment and no time input.

Possibly.
But what it usually ends up being is a free for all of people signing up to forums to spam their new URL thinking they are going to get rich with no investment and no time input.

And what usually happens is they find out the hard way it's a very competitive industry and not the easy cash cow they think it is and after a month or two they close up shop and leave their clients high and dry.

"Resellers Panel" has 20,000 customers... ;)
http://www.resellerspanel.com

And what usually happens is they find out the hard way it's a very competitive industry and not the easy cash cow they think it is and after a month or two they close up shop and leave their clients high and dry.

If all the resellers are "one-day flowers", then where does "Resellers Panel" get the 20,000 customers? :rolleyes2

That's a lot of resellers!

Besides jmatos, is anybody else in HD a "Resellers Panel" reseller?

They get their clients by lying and offering the world.

They offer unlimited resources and encourage their clients to do the same.
They allow the client to use their site and their text to make sure there is minimal cost.

It's nothing more than a sleezy pyramid scheme and the only ones getting rich are Reseller Panel.
They don't give a crap how many people get screwed by their resellers and their dishonest policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.